Old 08-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #1
RobJor

Default Priority I disagree with

Hi,

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...88&key=7988463

Not looking to squeeze this one in but in my opinion not a good acceptance priority. Traveled to Mexico in 1973 and I had scanned this one for another purpose so entered it here. I have some other plain ones but thought this is a good photo with more than just the FM.

There are 378 photos total from Mexico, one since my photo in February from 1994. I think if there is room for trains barely visible in the setting sun, headlights behind a curve or museum shots from IRM there might be room for an FM in its environment in Mexico 45 years ago.

Bob Jordan
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:57 AM   #2
ATSF666

I have a bunch of old photos I don't even bother with for posting here. Not worth the angst, time and effort.

The clutter rejection is legit in my view.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:22 AM   #3
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSF666 View Post
I have a bunch of old photos I don't even bother with for posting here. Not worth the angst, time and effort.

The clutter rejection is legit in my view.
Yes it is, clutter big time!!! From a technical point of view if what you looking for is a clean roster shot.

If you are posting a photo showing a historical view of an outdoor shop area, this is what they looked like. None of the clutter is defined as:
(fences, trees, weeds, etc.)

It all railroad shop, part of the scene, part of historical content from a railroad and location and even country not covered much on this site.

Bob
Old 08-16-2018, 06:40 AM   #4
ATSF666

I attempted to post some shots from the Idaho and Northern a while back at the Emmett, Idaho station with a very low, attractive fence consisting of large linked chain and got the obstructing junk rejection. It too was part of the scene, reasonably attractive from a decorative view, but rejected.

I have some photos I took around Hillyard and Yardley in Spokane just post BN merger that don't fit the classic roster shot rules and I won't post here as they will get rejected. There's some clutter and front coupled, etc. I don't think history in of itself is a high priority for RP.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
miningcamper1

It's an interesting scene, and the clutter is part of the scene. Oil everywhere! Was that junker actually on the active roster at that time?

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/

Last edited by miningcamper1; 08-16-2018 at 04:34 PM. Reason: addition
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #6
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
It's an interesting scene, and the clutter is part of the scene. Oil everywhere! Was that junker actually on the active roster at that time?
Best I can remember it was in the service area, not the dead line and there is a guy on the unit. Visit was short. I had no bad experience in Mexico back then, 94 was a little sketchy. That is my point, I thought it is an interesting scene.

Funny, the first couple days I was hyper about getting ill. Later I drank water with a crew member out of the service hose at an engine facility. I got lemonade from a cart vendor where the cups hung from a rod and you dunked the cup in a tub and ate from the women street vendors. Never ill.

Bob
Old 08-21-2018, 02:13 AM   #7
Joseph Cermak

I think if it was just outdoor shop materials then the foreground rejection would be baffling, but with the rail/wires/and pole sticking up right in front of the unit, I agree with the rejection. I'm all for railroad items being included even if they obstruct the view a little, but I don't think the wires tied to that rail really fit the bill as being "part of the scene"
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote