Old 09-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
RobJor

Default I give up, LOL

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...53&key=5803814

Took a month off, guess I am still on the SL, Ok with that. Maybe if I could have fit in some posed CC, really a little, is that where we want to go??????

Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 09-26-2019 at 05:22 PM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
bigbassloyd

Technically it is fitting the rejection reason. Maybe could do a nose job to fake it up a little? Also needs leveled(perspective distortion correction).

P.S. You'll never be on my SL Bob.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
Joe the Photog

That's a popular spot to shoot trains and upload to RP. They probably expect perfect lighting on this spot and I can't say I fault them. The skykine being in shadows takes the shot down a notch or two
Old 09-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
That's a popular spot to shoot trains and upload to RP. They probably expect perfect lighting on this spot and I can't say I fault them. The skykine being in shadows takes the shot down a notch or two

I agree with the popular spot objection, I have my own group mostly at night so don't have to worry about where the sun is.
I looked at some others accepted at that location and find none with nose shadowed so I guess the rejection is standard. I have my own there without the nose shadowed and mid afternoon sun but what would be the purpose, so I went with late light. Not to overdo it but long shadows contrast with sun on the power and for me, last light adds tension.

As far as perfect light, 3 in the afternoon.???????
Bob

Appreciate your comment, hope others join in and we can revive the forum a bit.

Last edited by RobJor; 09-26-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
bigbassloyd

I would like to give that spot a go in darkness. Maybe I'll go back after my other trips are done.

Loyd L.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:51 PM   #6
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
I would like to give that spot a go in darkness. Maybe I'll go back after my other trips are done.

Loyd L.
It is good right now as there are some empty lots and open street parking right off the overpass(wouldn't leave my car overnite but for early evening hanging out has been OK), on the other side there is a park so you can walk closer to view the airline bridge. Never had a problem there but for those who ask if Elmhurst is safe, might not be the place. Lot of stuff going on in Chicago but guess play the odds.

Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 09-26-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #7
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
It is good right now as there are some empty lots and open street parking right off the overpass(wouldn't leave my car overnite but for early evening hanging out has been OK), on the other side there is a park so you can walk closer to the airline bridge. Never had a problem there but for those who ask if Elmhurst is safe, might not be the place. Lot of stuff going on in Chicago but guess play the odds.

Bob
When I did Roosevelt Road in January I tempted fate in the Whole Foods lot. Got away without being towed.

Loyd L.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:04 PM   #8
RobJor

Quote:
When I did Roosevelt Road in January I tempted fate in the Whole Foods lot. Got away without being towed.

Loyd L.
Did you eat at the White Palace????? Parked in a meter for that. Interesting late at night. I have used Whole Foods lot but was shooting mostly at CUS so I could keep an eye on car only a few feet away. Getting towed in Chicago is not pleasant. I actually went in to Whole Foods for a snack, little difference between Whole Foods and White Palace dietary wse.
Bob
Old 09-27-2019, 12:38 AM   #9
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
Did you eat at the White Palace????? Parked in a meter for that. Interesting late at night. I have used Whole Foods lot but was shooting mostly at CUS so I could keep an eye on car only a few feet away. Getting towed in Chicago is not pleasant. I actually went in to Whole Foods for a snack, little difference between Whole Foods and White Palace dietary wse.
Bob
No, we split for Schaumburg to start setup for the train show. I think we ate at the tilted kilt that day.

Loyd L.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #10
Grewup on the CW

Nice pic Bob. Apparently all its is lacking is a full moon.......
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #11
Joseph Cermak

Quote:

Loyd L.
Depending on where the power is parked, its either a great place for night shots or a really challenging one because of the bright white street lights over the shops vs the amber lights around everywhere else. If everything is under the lights its easy to have everything lit up, but when something is parked farther out from the lights, its a bit more challenging like when I shot this...

Image © mtnclimberjoe
PhotoID: 693233
Photograph © mtnclimberjoe
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:53 PM   #12
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Cermak View Post
Depending on where the power is parked, its either a great place for night shots or a really challenging one because of the bright white street lights over the shops vs the amber lights around everywhere else. If everything is under the lights its easy to have everything lit up, but when something is parked farther out from the lights, its a bit more challenging like when I shot this...

Image © mtnclimberjoe
PhotoID: 693233
Photograph © mtnclimberjoe

I've pulled miracles out of my butt in worse places. Will have to give it a whirl next trip there.

Loyd L.