Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
JRMDC

Default Perkiomen Trespassers II

Quote:
I think this has run its course.
Perhaps the debate between Kevin and AB2 has run its course but it isn't clear to me that discussion of the original complaint has. That complaint hasn't been answered, other than "Deleted..." and Austin made some interesting points. I hope Nightfisher doesn't feel his complaint has been overlooked - and, while only one shot has been linked to, it appears that multiple photographers were at issue. I don't know the merits of the case one way or the other, it just seemed like things may have been shut down prematurely, and Nightfisher may not be familiar with the ways of the forum.

At any rate, it is a good reminder to us all to tread carefully and respectfully as we pursue our hobby.

J

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
Old 08-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Nightfisher

There were many people on the property over the 2 day period that they ran the rides. I just posted one pic as an example. I did not make the original post to start a finger pointing contest, just to make it known that my property is off limits. My understanding is that trespassing on RR property is also illegal so no one should be back there. I was recently informed of the upcoming passenger rides in Oct. by a friend that works the line and figured I'd put this out there to avoid any hassles. I will admit it's kind of -how can I word this without getting deleted or banned- stupid to commit a crime (trespassing) and then post a picture of it on the net.
If I had been asked for permission to come in and take some pics I would have allowed it, thats what gripes me. It's ashame a few ruin it for the many.

Last edited by Nightfisher; 08-04-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
People like AB2, who have a total disregard for other people's property, give railfans a bad name & ruin it for everybody else.
Let's be fair too everyone and not call one person out. I tink that's why the last thread get closed.

Nightfisher, I believe you said your property is posted. I would make sure it's posted in a way that leaves no doubt. (Wich it may be; I have no way of knowing.) If -- sounds more like when -- they start coming on your land, call the police. It might be a good idea to go ahead and get with the local law enforecement to tell them the problems you had. If they make their presence known, you may not have as big of a problem this time if one at all.

In fact, maybe your railroader friend can help pass the word.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Nightfisher

I think bright yellow no trespasing signs every 50-100 feet along the property lines and both sides of the tracks is a clear indication. As for the police, they have been informed.
The whole point of the matter is that we should not have to deal with this.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfisher View Post
The whole point of the matter is that we should not have to deal with this.
You are right on that. Maybe next time will be better than the last.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
ShortlinesUSA

Fair enough-- I think Nightfisher's point has been well made, and has been heard by the community on this forum. I am going to close the thread, but it will stay here so that the message can still be received by those who may be photographing this event in the fall.

Shortline and Regional RR forum moderator
Closed Thread