Old 10-25-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
busyEMT

Default "Bad angle"

I am curious to know the general consensus of this type of shot http://www.busyemt.com/BNSF_5359.html.

Personally I like them... or at least this one in particular. This one was rejected. Which is fine - the screeners choice and standard for the site. I did appeal the ruling to no avail.

Just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.
busyEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
iCe

Send a message via MSN to iCe

The angle itself I like a lot. It really makes the locomotive look very big and powerful.

I think this photo was rejected because part of the locomotive was cut off. It's not zoomed in enough to be considered a 'tight crop' and about 1/3 of the locomotive is not in the picture. On top of that, a big chunk of the 2/3 that is depicted is covered by a tree.

However, this is just what I think, so maybe a screener could shed more light.

http://members.rogers.com/will2004/Banner.jpg</A>
iCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #3
crazytrain

I like the photo. It sure is a photo that you don't see every day and would add more variety and color to the mix. Shows some details up close on the locomotive as well.

I agree with ICE that it shows the immense size of the locomotive. The tree cuts it off, but it also makes it look as if it just jumped out from behind it. Gives an indication as to the actual size of this big GE. Very dramatic shot. Really like these kinds of angles. I would also add that if you use the photos here for reference(like I do ), these kinds of shots are a good source of material.
crazytrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:26 AM   #4
Guilford350

That's a viewpoint that you just don't get to see a locomotive at everyday. Its different and I like it. I think "foreground clutter" would have been a better reason for the rejection because I just don't see "bad angle" in that picture.
Guilford350 is offline   Reply With Quote