Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
railtrekker

Default Double Upload

Please explain "Double Upload" to me.

First time I submitted I put in the wrong model. It was rejected for being unlevel.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=812769&key=0

I submitted the 2nd one with the correct Model Number (SD70ACe). It got rejected for "double upload" This was submitted before the first one got rejected thus the "double Upload". I appealed it and it came back once again as rejected, Double upload
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...key=1246967453

Neither one got accepted. So how does the one with the correct information get rejected for double upload?
Not complaining just need to know what I need to do.
Been up all night with the storms so maybe my mind is missing something.
Brian Frierdich
railtrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
mSummers

The screener may not have noticed the change in information and thought that you accidentally uploaded the same images twice. The best thing to do when you notice that you input the wrong information is to remove the incorrect one from the queue before you upload the corrected version to prevent this from happening.

Either way, the image is unlevel and needs some CW rotation before you resubmit it.

My RP.Net Photos

My Photo Galleries
mSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Chris Z

Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Z

You didn't fix it for being unlevel. You resubmitted to same photo without correcting the reason it got rejected.

Chris Z
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
bigbassloyd

I'd suggest cleaning up that glare on the upper center of the shot too.

Loyd L.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
railtrekker

There was a note to the screeners that the model was corrected as far as it being unlevel, it is just cresting the hill on a superelevated curve. This was all mentioned in the "Notes for the Screeners"
Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
bigbassloyd

The two shots are identical. When the first one was rejected for being unlevel, you should appeal it, not submit the exact same shot again. That's why the second one was rejected. If you know in your heart the shot is right, appeal it.

Loyd L.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
railtrekker

I understand the 2 shots are identical. The first one should not of even been looked at after I submitted the 2nd one. I left a note to the screeners that the the firstone had the wrong engine model, and the 2nd one was with the corrected model. I should have went and deleted the first one completly before submitting the corrected version. Note taken! LOL
Thanks guys. So with the understanding this is on an superelevated curve, do you still feel it should be rotated a degree clockwise? I still don't.
Brian
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
milwman
I shoot what I like

Send a message via Yahoo to milwman

In members under Queued photo Data you put in the new data and don't up load a new shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22299476@N05/
milwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
mSummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by railtrekker View Post
I understand the 2 shots are identical. The first one should not of even been looked at after I submitted the 2nd one.
The problem is that the screeners will see the images in order of submission. If I had to guess, they may not have even read the notes on the second one because they thought it was a double upload.

After a quick glance, the bridge abutment and the bridge itself appear to be unlevel. After closer inspection, the verticals above the I beams on the bridge appear to be correct. It is possible that the bridge abutment is actually sloped and the bridge could be built with a camber making it look unlevel in this closeup shot. If the shot was a wider angle showing more of the bridge proving that it is level, an appeal might work. I think the problem with this shot is that there is not enough there proving that it is actually level.

My RP.Net Photos

My Photo Galleries
Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
JRMDC

There is also a spot of lens flare above the dome.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
railtrekker

Thanks Milwman! Now I know how to edit info w/o resubmitting.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
KevinM

Hi Railtrekker,

Whenever you submit something and then find yourself wanting it back, the first thing you should do is look at the queued photo and copy the photoid number. Then go to the members section and click on the Queued Photo Data tab. There, you can enter that photoid and display the shot and its associated data. You can then either correct the data on your picture, or delete it from the queue entirely.

In the case of this shot, you could have made the correction to the already-submitted image, or deleted it and submitted another one. The other folks are correct, the Screeners don't usually have time to read the captions or photo data. They will read the comments to the Screeners. In your shot, the Screener had already rejected the shot for being unlevel, and upon seeing the same image again, most likely thought you had goofed and uploaded the same picture twice.

You can usually tell when a Screener is screening shots. Refreshing the members page will show you the size of the queue going down slowly. That's usually a bad time to submit something, because if you mess up, there's no time to correct the situation.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
railtrekker

Just submitted it again with a different crop and it also got rejected for being unlevel. Submited 2 other shots from Downtown St Louis and Davis Jct in S. St. Louis and they got rejected for "Poor Aesthetic Quality"

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=812998&key=0
No problem with this one as the loco itself is a bit on the grainy side

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=725619974
This one though, I don't understand. Is it because of the derelict buildings?

I give up (For now ). Thanks for all the input.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
mSummers

I think the locomotive in the second shot is too centered in the image which is causing the Bad Cropping rejection. Try to get the nose of the locomotive closer to the left side of the frame. I'm not sure on the Bad Contrast rejection... It looks a little washed out, but this computer monitor isn't calibrated, so I'm not sure.

My RP.Net Photos

My Photo Galleries
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
Darryl Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
There is also a spot of lens flare above the dome.
Apparently, lens flare isn't a reason for rejection. Just look through yesterday's submissions, and that will be come VERY obvious....

DARRYL
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
milwman
I shoot what I like

Send a message via Yahoo to milwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by railtrekker View Post
I give up (For now ). Thanks for all the input.
It looks unlevel,Double post photo. You will have to prove it for it to get in. As in, Tell them how you put the grid on the brick on the left side, if you haven't don't say that as they will and you don't want to wast their time they get annoyed!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22299476@N05/

Last edited by milwman; 05-12-2010 at 09:44 PM.
milwman is offline   Reply With Quote