Old 02-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
jweber33

Default Ignore

No more of this.

Last edited by jweber33; 02-12-2006 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Please delete
jweber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Ween

They all seem to be a little dark, almost as if the sun is shining through the high cirrus clouds you can see in the shots. I think the first three are decent shots, just crop a little closer to the lead engine and don't leave so much dead space (as far as the third one, Warbonnets aren't quite rare yet; there's still a fair share roaming the lines).

Hope that helps.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
bnsf sammy

Hi Jeff,
The first one, you might want to appeal. I agree with Ween about them all being a little dark. As far as the picture at Blue Cut is concerned, even though it may not have been a cloudy day, the picture makes it look like it was, so I don't know if you can save that one. The other 2 pictures rejected for bad angle, why were they rejected for that? They look no different than any other roaster shot in the database. Maybe appeal? Cool shots though, my favorite is of that Santa Fe Dash 9!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweber33
The first photo
I don't see how thsi is similar to any photos you're about to see.
Probably because it looks like 95% of the photos in the RP database.

Last edited by cmherndon; 02-11-2006 at 05:22 PM.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
jweber33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmherndon
Probably because it looks like 95% of the photos in the RP database.
I wasn't aware the world had so much desert. I also didn't know the BNSF Cajon Subdivision was so large. I had no clue that there were so many control points named Jewel. I thought there was only one Barstow, California. I now know that BNSF 5002 is in well over 90,000 photos.

Thank you, you've taught me quite a bit about the pictures here. I can't wait to go back into This Great Desert Otherwise Known as 95% of the Photos on this Website.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #6
VirginiaSouthern
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VirginiaSouthern Send a message via Yahoo to VirginiaSouthern

Quote:
I wasn't aware the world had so much desert. I also didn't know the BNSF Cajon Subdivision was so large. I had no clue that there were so many control points named Jewel. I thought there was only one Barstow, California. I now know that BNSF 5002 is in well over 90,000 photos.

Thank you, you've taught me quite a bit about the pictures here. I can't wait to go back into This Great Desert Otherwise Known as 95% of the Photos on this Website.
Why is it that when people just state facts on here, others get so butthurt over it? Cmherndon was simply stating the truth. And your above post is just childish.
VirginiaSouthern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
jweber33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaSouthern
Why is it that when people just state facts on here, others get so butthurt over it? Cmherndon was simply stating the truth. And your above post is just childish.
I will fully apologize when about 95,000 photos are shown to look the same. I'm sorry of its childish or offending, but I don't believe that there are about 95,000 photos that look like the Mojave desert.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
bnsf sammy

Quote:

He didn't mean the desert or where it was taken. He meant the BNSF Dash 9. Chill out man, it isn't the end of the world!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
fuente1

Location: Concord, NC MP 355 on NS Piedmont Divison Charlotte District
Send a message via AIM to fuente1 Send a message via Yahoo to fuente1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsf sammy
He didn't mean the desert or where it was taken. He meant the BNSF Dash 9. Chill out man, it isn't the end of the world!

Yea the BNSF Dash 9 is pretty darn common. The lack of composition also make the photos very common.

Last edited by fuente1; 02-11-2006 at 08:19 PM.
fuente1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #10
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsf sammy
He didn't mean the desert or where it was taken.
Exactly.

Quote:
I will fully apologize when about 95,000 photos are shown to look the same. I'm sorry of its childish or offending, but I don't believe that there are about 95,000 photos that look like the Mojave desert.
A common power wedgie is still a common power wedgie regardless of the location.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #11
jweber33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmherndon
Exactly.
I'm sorry for the un-clarification by me. Thank you for not lashing out at me.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #12
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated. Oh, wait a minute. No it's not. Think this through just a minute. You came here asking us for advice. The first time you get feedback that isn't a pat on the back, you get your little feelings hurt and start attacking people. Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that he didn't mean there were 95,000 shots of that one engine out in the desert or even of Dash 9s. I'm guessing he meant 3/4 wedgie shots. With all that wide open space out in the desert, 3/4 wedgies are the last thing I personally would be taking.

Now, shot by shot starting with the first one --

Needs tighter cropping to the front of the lead engine. It also appears just a tad soft.

Second shot also appears a tad soft and it's leaning slightly to the left.

On the third shot, I agree with Ween's comment that it isn't exactly rare, esp. with the BNSF lettering above the numbers. This shot definitely needs lightening and it is also leaning to the left by almost a degree I would say.

On the fourth shot, I wouldn't suggest comparing it to another shot in the database. I think that's always a weak arguement. The framing and composition on this one is the best of the four, however. But the diffused sun is still casting shadows from high above, a no-no on RP.

Comparing your rejected shot to the one you got in makes less sense when you actually see the other shot. That train is in good sun, but the fog is over the ocean. It isn't a perfect shot by far, but it has many less issues than your rejected one.

Take the advice any way you want it. You can get mad if you want, but you're the one posting here for feedback.

Joe

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 02-11-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #13
Aaron

Send a message via MSN to Aaron

Is this gonna turn into a bitch fest? Like really... You'll take many more pictures and many more will get accepted and rejected. Thats just part of uploading on SOMEONE ELSE'S website...

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:47 AM   #14
jweber33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog
On the fourth shot, I wouldn't suggest comparing it to another shot in the database.
You make a great point, however I'm comparing it to one of my own shots.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:51 AM   #15
jweber33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Is this gonna turn into a bitch fest? Like really... You'll take many more pictures and many more will get accepted and rejected. Thats just part of uploading on SOMEONE ELSE'S website...
I again apologize to Mr. Herndon. He was the one whom I lashed out against. I don't think he and I want to make this a complaint festival.

How about we just trash this thread?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #16
longstreet

photos were dark bud, looks like they were right outta the camera.
longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote