Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
MassArt Images

Question CSX Mountain Sub...Good photo spots?

At the end of March, I will be coming back to Pittsburgh from Reading via the Mountain Sub route. I will pick it up at Westernport,MD and probably stay with it past Terra Alta, WV before heading to Morgantown, WV.

Can anyone provide some good photos spots between those points? GPS coordinates would be great. I have a few spots in mind but I wanted to see if someone whose is more familiar with this line could add some good locations. I will probably hit Westernport around 2 PM.

My RP pics are HERE

My website is HERE
MassArt Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #2
bigbassloyd

The papermill at Luke is a can't miss. Gerald's little alco that could can usually be found drilling there. Also check out the Bloomington Viaduct at the state line just outside of Luke. Mountain Lake Park has a great afternoon shot with the old tower, and the restored depot at Oakland is good for a visit as well. There's also a decent shot in Keyser with the old buildings if you have a Westbound. The biggest factor will be getting a train. The mountain isn't known for its traffic levels, but it is one of my favorite places to go. I prefer the Grafton to Terra Alta section though.

Send me an email and I will make you up a little document to get you around, along with other tidbits that may not be suitable for public eyes.

Loyd L.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
MassArt Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post

Send me an email and I will make you up a little document to get you around, along with other tidbits that may not be suitable for public eyes.

Loyd L.
PM sent last night. Cyber-mail sent this morning. Is this close to the Altamont Tower?

Image © BurghMan
PhotoID: 218119
Photograph © BurghMan

My RP pics are HERE

My website is HERE
MassArt Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
bigbassloyd

Email received and acknowledged. And yes, it is.

Loyd L.