Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
sd9

Default 3 strikes

I thought I would give this one just one more try, after getting two rejects, but not sure what the the third reject is referring to

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...7&key=53550947
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=323329981

and the third after working on the cropping issue, I'm wondering if they hit the wrong reject button?
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=828332&key=0

Thanks
bill
sd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
JRMDC

Bill, let me be harsh. You have lots of good pictures on this site. You are shooting a train which I suspect is slow moving, so you should have lots of time to make adjustments and to think. Was this the best shot available, the best composition possible? What did it look like when the train came closer? What options did you have to stand elsewhere? Why do you have the train squeezed between a fence and a shed?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Joe the Photog

I love shots of end cabs, but this one suffers from bad location more than anything, as Janusz said, stuck between a fence and a shed. Part of me suspects that the Bad Angle rejection in the first one had more to do with photo location than anything in the scredener's mind. It's also very harsh light. Was there another shot that could have been had? Did they stay at that location or move to another spot?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
sd9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
Bill, let me be harsh. You have lots of good pictures on this site. You are shooting a train which I suspect is slow moving, so you should have lots of time to make adjustments and to think. Was this the best shot available, the best composition possible? What did it look like when the train came closer? What options did you have to stand elsewhere? Why do you have the train squeezed between a fence and a shed?
I like when your harsh, and like your critiquing LOL..The situation was, I was standing on my truck running boards shooting over a barb wire fence, this area was the only area accessible that you could even get a glimpse of anything its kinda all industrial and fenced property along with buildings and trailers, so to find this spot I thought was my only chance, not to mention that's about as close as the locomotive came before backing into another spur, but....I resubmitted and this one got in (still not sure on the file name rejection, didn't do anything different than before, but I changed it anyway) but I liked this one because I caught it with the strobe flashing.
Image © Bill Grenchik
PhotoID: 329350
Photograph © Bill Grenchik

Thanks
Bill
Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
Carl Becker

I must critique a little; the shadow(s) on the left are a little much for my taste. Also, is it just me who thinks the bush looks smothered by noise reduction?

~Carl Becker
Old 06-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
sd9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Becker View Post
I must critique a little; the shadow(s) on the left are a little much for my taste. Also, is it just me who thinks the bush looks smothered by noise reduction?

~Carl Becker
just you
Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
GIZMO

I think your rejected ones are too "busy" ie too many distractions. The one accepted is much "cleaner" with among other things less clutter on the ground. The storage container/shed on the left and fence on the right make nice "secondary points of interests", and you have included just the right amount of each, realizing that such things can get subjective.
GIZMO is offline   Reply With Quote