Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 AM   #26
TAMR159

I'd love to see some of this guy's own work, the way he puts everyone else down...he acts like he walks on water. Of course, since he never bothers posting any of his own work on that group (I dug back for quite a ways and found nothing), I only have to assume he makes himself look like a big man by putting everyone else down...you know, 3rd grader tactics. Anyone have a mug shot of him so I know when it's time to leave when shooting the West Slope?

(Post made more hostile than usual since he'll probably read this within the next 5 minutes or so...maybe I'll have my own thread on his group).
Old 09-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #27
cblaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMR159 View Post
I'd love to see some of this guy's own work, the way he puts everyone else down...he acts like he walks on water. Of course, since he never bothers posting any of his own work on that group (I dug back for quite a ways and found nothing), I only have to assume he makes himself look like a big man by putting everyone else down...you know, 3rd grader tactics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenswestslope/

Enjoy the awesomeness.

- Chris
Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #28
TAMR159

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaz View Post

Enjoy the awesomeness.

- Chris
To be fair, some of his stuff isn't too bad...some. Nothing really comes close to portraying him as the God he proclaims himself to be, however.

I do like the comment regarding this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenswestslope/3554863918/

"Image number 15 in a series of 15 by The SD80MAC Rat. If I would have tried for image number 16, I would have been an univited guest on the pilot of the 4270"

I think that's pretty self-explanatory...and with that, I'm done.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #29
EMTRailfan

Location: I can be found railfanning the abandoned B&O Northern Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMR159 View Post
Anyone have a mug shot of him so I know when it's time to leave when shooting the West Slope?
Here's a video, lol.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #30
khalucha

He takes this way to serious! He needs to go out and get drunk, laid and tattooed!

Webshot Photos

flickr stuff
Old 09-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #31
khalucha

For $hits and giggles I looked at a handful of post. All he did was create a Forum for himself to talk on. All the post that I can see are from him, ranting and raving about RP and the contributors are all worthless people. He needs some help.

Webshot Photos

flickr stuff
Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #32
milwman
I shoot what I like

Send a message via Yahoo to milwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalucha View Post
For $hits and giggles I looked at a handful of post. All he did was create a Forum for himself to talk on. All the post that I can see are from him, ranting and raving about RP and the contributors are all worthless people. He needs some help.
Thats all he has left kicked off TO and banded from RPnet. Before the rant on RPnet it was a rant on TO.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22299476@N05/
Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #33
nikos1

Ive found 5 of my photos in his worst of RP threads, i feel super special

This guy cracks me up, what a asshole, no wonder he has nothing better to do with his life than look through every RP shot uploaded and pick out defects.

"I demand that I be appointed, the "Screeners screener". Furthermore, I will go through each screeners photostream and remove images that doi not meet RP.net standards.

Do they have the balls?

I will be waiting their answer. "

Wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=7861

More wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://nikos1.rrpicturearchives.net/

Video wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's
http://youtube.com/profile?user=nikosjk1
Old 09-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #34
stlgevo51

Was he on these forums recently? His signature on the yahoo page seems familiar. What was his username?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #35
Darryl Rule

Dan Valentine is as irrelevant as one can get. His biggest rant is common angle or common power. This guy sits at the same spot everyday, and shoots the same boring engines over and over. At this point I think he is intentionally copying shots he sees here because he likes to call shots out on his group and then post them on his Flickr page. Again this weekend, this drain on society knew I would be out in his area, and he curled up in his hole and didn't show his face. Then he'll talk s&*% that nobody ever confronts him. As someone said earlier, the best way to deal with this psycho is to ignore him, but every once in a while, I love responding to one of his lackeys because I know it gets back to him. And the success of this site and the photographers on it just drive him even more nuts.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #36
chuckman

Okay basically the only thing we're doing on this Thread is giving the man what he wants-ATTENTION! Don't ya get it? People like this can't stand to be ignored!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #37
UCRP93

I found several of my photos!! I'd like to see some of this a-hole's perfect photos! Frikkin' self appointed genius!!

Yes, DO call the exterminator!

Click here to see my photos on RailPictures.net
Click here to see my videos on YouTube

One of very few people that like CSX and GE both!!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #38
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgevo51 View Post
Was he on these forums recently? His signature on the yahoo page seems familiar. What was his username?
Here is his official meltdown thread: http://forums.railpictures.net/showthread.php?t=9091

Funny how he has the nerve to tell ME to get a life.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #39
Ween

His latest post is his manifesto; if you can get through the spelling errors and lack of logic, enjoy:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...th/message/467

Dan will definitely bring the railfan community into the national spotlight when he a) murders someone or b) is beaten to death. Or I guess you could add c) gets run over by a train while taking another trespassing shot.

Just keep in mind that this clown is 50 years old. He's more than halfway through life; just endure and he'll be gone soon enough...and no one will shed a tear.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #40
Joe the Photog

Best proof that Danny V. does not get it is this comment, "Your kidding! 818 views made this the Number 1 image! Too much photo-shop! Cannot make out one locomotive in the image."

He was commenting on this image --

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Which is not to say that sometimes Danny V. isn't correct on some of his calls. That's not a compliment to him. Even the worse umpire in baseball gets a few calls right now and then, even if he's a 50 dollar a night ump for little league. Danny V. goes about the only way he knows how, the wrong way. He screams and shouts and thumps his chest. He really believes that a YahooGroup with 12 members, 11 other than himself -- not taking into account the possibility that he's joined more than once and, of course, the very real chance that a few of those 11 others are "RP cluster forks" as he kinda puts it -- is a threat to a web site the size of this one. I actually wish there were more people over there that would actually click on every shot he links to, maybe even days on end, and pour over ever little aspect of the shot. More views for us, you know. A variation of the I-don't-care-what-you-say-about-me,-just-spell-my-name-right.

A web site this size is bound to have people who dislike it. Some may dislike it for valid and well thought out reasons. Others, like The Rat, hates it because pictures he thinks are crap got accepted while his own perfect pictures wer rejected. What he is arguing is actually for more crappy pictures to get on -- his crappy pictures. This forums proves that some of us here have valid reasons for questioning the inclusion of some shots in the database. But what it really comes down to is that with such a large selection of people and such a large selection of photos being uploaded, to think that a few less than stellar efforts won't get in is crazy.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it would do no good to try to talk some sense in Danny V.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 09-22-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #41
Walter S

Send a message via AIM to Walter S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Best proof that Danny V. does not get it is this comment, "Your kidding! 818 views made this the Number 1 image! Too much photo-shop! Cannot make out one locomotive in the image."

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Has he not realized that the "top of 24hrs" format has changed. And that images processing looks fine to me.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #42
NSFan14

Geez, Will someone please pay a hooker to go to this guys house?...PLEASE!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #43
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFan14 View Post
He's married...then again...

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Old 09-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #44
trainmaster_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) View Post
There's always those mail ordered blow up dolls you can send him....

CN Conductor

Click here to view my pictures on RP.net
Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #45
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTRailfan View Post
Here's a video, lol.
Heh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFan14 View Post
Even hookers have standards, Alex.

Quote:
To Mike Ray?
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #46
JimThias

Quote:
I actual feel sorry for him for the dog he's married to. That's probably half the reason for his mental instability. The rest coming from his previous wives. What's this, marriage #4 now? Gee, I wonder what happened to the previous three...especially one of them I heard a rumor about.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 09-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #47
UCRP93

I sent "The Rat" a reasonable message, explaining what I think about him, his standards, and everything about his Yahoo Group. His response, as quoted:

"I never said my images were perfect. Could you please point out where I said that? I do not think I ever put that into print. Why are you assuming my images are perfect?

I have a Flickr page.

But in no way am I saying that every image on the Flickr page is RP.net quality.

I am screening the approved images the same way my unapproved images were screened. No cloudy days, no high sun images, no common powers, no oversharpening, nothing nose coupled, etc...etc...

If you had a shit image approved, then yeah, I dinged it. Does that ruin your life? If so, seek that mental help that I suggest you get on the RP.net homepage.

I really don't care what the fuck you think of me. You don't pay my bills. Pay my rent for a year and I might think about caring what you think. I'll be expecting your check for $4800.00. Better yet, make it a money order. I don't trust you.

Take a better image. Thats my only advice for you."

In response, I said:

"All I'm saying is that you sound really nasty, and you're picking apart a lot of people who don't even know you exist. Your "guidelines" aren't very fair either, and for you to go in day by day and call each photo "crap", is nothing short of a bit much. If you have a problem with RP, it is understandable, but I never did anything to you, nor did I have the intention, and yet, you called out some of my photos."

Sounds like a middle-aged loser, with nothing to do with his time.....

Old 09-23-2009, 02:25 AM   #48
nssd70

Someone in Pennsylvania could use a good shrink. Someone who says the things he has said has got to have some major issues other than a picture not getting accepted. I've sent in several pictures to this site and yet to get any of them approved. Atleast I'm smart enough to realize I need to keep trying to work on my photography skills.

Doug
Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 AM   #49
UCRP93

In his newest thread "Another RP.net Member Heard From", he is referring to me. What an arse! I even tried to be nice to him.......or well, nicer than I would've liked to have been......

Old 09-23-2009, 03:23 AM   #50
milwman
I shoot what I like

Send a message via Yahoo to milwman

Don't feed the Rat!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22299476@N05/
Closed Thread