Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Joe the Photog

Default Facebook page -- Upload your worst photo to rail pr*cks

A link to this site creeped up in my news feed today. Apparently some teenagers think it's funny because, you know, it's April Fool's Day.

https://www.facebook.com/messages/15...ent_mall_reply
Old 04-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
JimThias

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...84&key=2907141
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb Meh

By one of the Dark Lord's most active, and faithful minions.

Mike Antal -

Joe Hinson, if you're not April Fools trolling right now then this is absolutely pathetic. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but viewpoints like this are exactly why we're doing this; to see how many RP fanatics can or cannot TAKE A JOKE.

Well Joe, I guess the joke is on Mr. Antal at this point - just off the wire (Facebook).

Mike Antal -

Alright, so who else got their RP photostreams deleted!

Yesterday at 8:16pm near Trumbull, CT

Phillip Anvilface -

Mustache King It was I think two years ago they did it twice for no reason

Patrick Lynch -

Jokes on them, for me they had no photostream to delete!!

Cousin Vinny -

Mike, they're idiots anyway, they reject for everything inculding random objecties that don't exisist, pleeeeaseee theyres a better website where u don't have to worry bout that bullshit

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 04-03-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Holloran Grade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
Holloran Grade
Banned

Wink We are in the Rarefied Air of Intellect Indeed!

And then there is this mental giant:

@Rahee Gabouey - "There's no such thing as FencePosts dot Com you ignorant hillbilly."

Well, Rahee.....

Duh!

Sheez, just when you think you have seen the bottom of the intellect barrel, someone comes along and tears a hole in the floor.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
jdirelan87

I thought a couple of them were funny enough. Considering that I waste several hours everyday putzing around the internet, it was worth a click.

Not sure why anybody is taking offensive to this?
jdirelan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Cjbdiesel

I'm glad you guys found this as well. The owner of the page had a nice conversation with me last night...

Old 04-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
JimThias

Great post, Christian.

It's funny to me...it's like RP is some kind of private group that they aren't worthy enough to be a part of, so they hate it. If they don't like it, why don't they just go on with their lives and pretend it doesn't exist?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjbdiesel View Post
I'm glad you guys found this as well. The owner of the page had a nice conversation with me last night...

I'd like to see which one of Chase's photographs he was talking about. A lot of the RP hate out there is actually Chase jealousy in disguise.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #9
Cjbdiesel

These hard headed "friends" are still going off...

Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
JimThias

I'd love to see the "knock your socks off" pics that "Vinny" has. Christian, do you have a link to his shots?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb Crap from Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
I'd love to see the "knock your socks off" pics that "Vinny" has. Christian, do you have a link to his shots?
It appears that "Vinny" is actually Matt Modica.

Here is their newest effort:

Name:  RP Nazi.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  64.7 KB

And, Bill is now "the Reporter."

Mike Antal -

^ LOL, says the reporter who runs back home to RP and tells them everything that goes on here just to keep the egos going. I thought RP rocked too, I had a decent amount of photos on RP. Then one day I decided to fuck with them, apparently they take offense and don't like to laugh much. We're talking about people who can't deal with comedy and would rather go ERMAGHERD did you see what so and so just uploaded on April Fools? We're not allowed to process jokes, BAN HIM! BAN HIM!!!, rather than accept the fact that by hosting a public forum for photo submissions, at some point in time you're going to be fucked with, embrace it or take offense and let it go to your head. This April Fools day stint wasn't set out to prove a point, the RP faithful handed it this page on a silver platter.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #12
TNT314159

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
It appears that "Vinny" is actually Matt Modica.

Here is their newest effort:

Attachment 7968

And, Bill is now "the Reporter."

Mike Antal -

^ LOL, says the reporter who runs back home to RP and tells them everything that goes on here just to keep the egos going. I thought RP rocked too, I had a decent amount of photos on RP. Then one day I decided to fuck with them, apparently they take offense and don't like to laugh much. We're talking about people who can't deal with comedy and would rather go ERMAGHERD did you see what so and so just uploaded on April Fools? We're not allowed to process jokes, BAN HIM! BAN HIM!!!, rather than accept the fact that by hosting a public forum for photo submissions, at some point in time you're going to be fucked with, embrace it or take offense and let it go to your head. This April Fools day stint wasn't set out to prove a point, the RP faithful handed it this page on a silver platter.
If Vinny is Matt Modica, then Vinny has photos here on RP!!!
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=45158

Perhaps you should do a little research before calling out another member of this site who is working hard to improve their photos and get them on here..
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #13
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking Oh, but Allow Me to Retort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT314159 View Post
Perhaps you should do a little research before calling out another member of this site who is working hard to improve their photos and get them on here..

Your right Matt, how silly of me to leave out the other part of the conversation.

Zane Smith

Just when your photos get rejected ask the screeners its not like they are going to bite your head off, and if you can't get the photo you want on there just put it on something else Ex. Flickr, Facebook or even RRPictureArchives. That should solve your problem Vinny.
Yesterday at 6:23pm Like

Patrick Lynch I use rrpa quite a bit, but I'm going to get a pic on RP eventually.
Yesterday at 6:24pm Like

Christian Bentley

Where I live, I watch trains and enjoy what I have. I don't "pray" for jack squat...
Yesterday at 6:26pm Like

Matt Modica

Lol, they're just richer versions of the teenage Facebook girls who post shitty photos with huge fucking "firstname lastname photography" watermarks.
Yesterday at 6:32pm via mobile Like 2

Matt Modica

I stopped taking them seriously when they rejected my shots taken on professional B&W film for "bad color"
Yesterday at 6:33pm via mobile Like 3

Patrick Lynch

Albeit Vinny there are some nice spots on the NEC to get pics.
Yesterday at 6:34pm Like

Matt Modica

Also, they're the biggest gearfags in the world. The fact that they look at your EXIF data should be enough to prove that they care more about the equipment used than the actual photo. They should go back to masturbating to cameras and MTF charts; they're clearly better at that
Yesterday at 6:35pm via mobile Like 1

Zane Smith

You don't get as much feedback on your photos when they get up on RP. Not really worth it and not worth complaining over however I like getting my shots on there once in a while. If you can't get your photos on there don't fret I'm pretty sure there are many other sights that you can post your "Masterpieces" on haha.
Yesterday at 6:36pm Like

Matt Modica

And I'm not jelly, in fact I have photos on their. In fact, I have photos on there that I myself would have rejected, and yet others were rejected that I thought were much bettef
Yesterday at 6:36pm via mobile Like 2

Zane Smith And if you know that your photo is good, why do you need to post it on a website that is known for picky ass screeners? I think people take it waaaaaaayyyyy too seriously. Its called self pride folks and some of you should partake in it.
Yesterday at 6:41pm Like

Zane Smith Who is fat? lol
Yesterday at 6:45pm Like

William Gevo Stonewall III

Vinny, your photos suck and I don't even have to look at them.

RP rocks, that is probably why you don't.
23 hours ago via mobile Unlike 1

Mike Antal

22 hours ago Like

Mike Antal

And furthermore, Chase wouldn't answer a question from a "minion", and so far neither will you, but I'll ask you again, though this time a different question pertaining to a point you just brought up. Why does RP rock, and what has RP ever done for you?

Name:  Matt Modica FB.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  81.7 KB

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 04-10-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #14
TNT314159

Thumbs down

Right, but I'm still not the same person as Vinny. Why don't you stop caring about what other photographers think and focus on improving your own work.

Last edited by TNT314159; 04-10-2013 at 04:12 AM.
TNT314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 AM   #15
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking Oh Daniel, Where are You?

Quote:
Right, but I'm still not the same person as Vinny. Why don't you stop caring about what other photographers think and focus on improving your own work.
Because poking at the Dark Lord and his minions and/or disciples is a hobby of mine and I enjoy it very much.

Perhaps you don't want to be one of them.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #16
TNT314159

Thumbs down

Quote:
Because poking at the Dark Lord and his minions and/or disciples is a hobby of mine and I enjoy it very much.

Perhaps you don't want to be one of them.
I hope that wasn't a threat. I'm pretty sure that's a violation of the forum rules.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #17
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb There are no Secrets on the Internet.

Quote:
I hope that wasn't a threat. I'm pretty sure that's a violation of the forum rules.
Only to your reputation in the railfan community - which at this point is arguably at an all time low.

A smart person would accept the fact that they got seriously "owned" and move on about now.

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 04-10-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #18
TNT314159

Thumbs down

Quote:
Only to your reputation in the railfan community - which at this point is arguably at an all time low.

A smart person would accept the fact that they got seriously "owned" move on about now.
Nah, I'm not going to move on simply because of your one-sided opinion. Actually, I just reported your most recent two posts to the forum admins. If this site really is objective and unbias, then you will be banned (or at least given some kind of warning) for violating the forum rules.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
JRMDC

Quote:
Quote:
Nah, I'm not going to move on simply because of your one-sided opinion. Actually, I just reported your most recent two posts to the forum admins. If this site really is objective and unbias, then you will be banned (or at least given some kind of warning) for violating the forum rules.
Wow, just wow.

I think my favorite part is "because of your one-sided opinion" (emphasis added).

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #20
JimThias

WHO THE HELL IS VINNY AND WHERE CAN I SEE HIS "KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF" PICS?!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #21
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking All Bluster, no Mustard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
WHO THE HELL IS VINNY AND WHERE CAN I SEE HIS "KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF" PICS?!!!!!!l:
Yup, me too - and I even put on some socks for Vinny's expected debut because it is Spring out here and flip flops are the order of the day.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
jdirelan87

People seriously? This is obviously a group of dorky train geek teenagers (at best) with nothing better to do. Why are a bunch of grown men wasting time arguing with them on the internet over a website that nobody involved has any real stake in?
jdirelan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
Cjbdiesel

This is ridiculous. Why must you people critisize the website constantly? We're not hurting anyone.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #24
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87 View Post
.................Why are a bunch of grown men wasting time arguing with them on the internet over a website that nobody involved has any real stake in?
For the chicks of course!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #25
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87 View Post
People seriously? This is obviously a group of dorky train geek teenagers (at best) with nothing better to do. Why are a bunch of grown men wasting time arguing with them on the internet over a website that nobody involved has any real stake in?
But...but....Vinny has some "knock your socks off" train pics to show to the WORLD!!