Old 03-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
cassfan3

Default Rejected Abandonments

I guess that apparently the guidelines on abandoned trackage shots have tightened up recently up recently, which quite frankly is fine by me. However, I know that some of you all enjoy these type of shots, so I thought I'd post a couple of rejects nailed for poor aesthetic quality as I thought they might me. But they're different than the ubiquitous track-fading-away-into-the-weeds shot, so someone here might think they're interesting. It was a neat little area. Probably won't appeal, but enjoy for now. The street diamond was very cool I thought.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=851880932

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=800747815

-Nick McLean
Greenville, NC
cassfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
ottergoose
American Gunzel

Send a message via AIM to ottergoose Send a message via Yahoo to ottergoose

I like the first one.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
Chachi

I agree, the first one is good.
Thanks for sharing.

Cam
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:20 AM   #4
a231pacific

Nick, I liked both shots, not necessarily as photos, but for the subject matter. Thanks for sharing. The diamond shot could be made to work if you reshoot it. Lose the truck and maybe have the sign reflected in the middle of the diamond.

The cobblestone street trackage is neat, but the background isn't. You might try shooting this either late in the day or early in the day when the backgroud will be mostly in shadow. Also the cobbles will be throwing long shadows and the street will be much more textured. Try this one again as well.

Michael Allen

Last edited by a231pacific; 03-10-2008 at 04:26 AM.
a231pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 AM   #5
cassfan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a231pacific
Nick, I liked both shots, not necessarily as photos, but for the subject matter. Thanks for sharing. The diamond shot could be made to work if you reshoot it. Lose the truck and maybe have the sign reflected in the middle of the diamond.

The cobblestone street trackage is neat, but the background isn't. You might try shooting this either late in the day or early in the day when the backgroud will be mostly in shadow. Also the cobbles will be throwing long shadows and the street will be much more textured. Try this one again as well.

Michael Allen
I definitely will on my next visit. I was walking along just checking the area out one evening and there were tracks everywhere, so I took a few shots for documentation purposes. The lighting was particularly horrible at the diamond because it was in shadows cast from the building across the street but everything around it was in bright sunlight. I believe if I was there in the morning the sun would be shining up the street and make shooting much more flexible.

-Nick McLean
Greenville, NC
cassfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote