PhotoID: 369376
Photograph © Ron Flanary
In case anyone is interested, I found this on another group site
http://www.interstaterailroad.net/index.html
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #102
FBU32804

Exclamation Say What?

I hope NS isnt paying this guy.[/quote]

They are, they are. And very well, thank you. I notice they aren't paying YOU. Given the reputation you've gotten for yourself with your attitude over the years, I wouldn't hold out for any photography assignments from them, either. Railroads LOVE their know-it-all foamer fans. Not.

Let's call it out "for real" here since you're all about "keeping it real", what's the story with this shot, was the train in a hurry to beat its own reflection or that big ol' dust bunny hot in pursuit?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=395723

Yo...."for real"....what's that all about?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #103
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBU32804 View Post
Let's call it out "for real" here since you're all about "keeping it real", what's the story with this shot, was the train in a hurry to beat its own reflection or that big ol' dust bunny hot in pursuit?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=395723

Yo...."for real"....what's that all about?

Looks like Troy pulled a fast one on the screener.

Quote:
Posted by Mark S. Wurst - www.idiotrailfan.com on April 22, 2012
Nice shot, but I'm curious - why is the lead unit one pier length ahead of its own reflection?

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 04-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #104
magicman_841

At last, this thread is starting to be interesting...

Last edited by magicman_841; 04-22-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #105
FBU32804

I am so competitive I have posted like 3 shots in the last 2 months.[/quote]

That's rather the point here, wouldn't you say? Why are you all fired up about this?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #106
JimThias

You know, the funny thing is, that comment by Mark Wurst was accepted, but the picture still remains in the database. What's up with that?

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #107
sd9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Looks like Troy pulled a fast one on the screener.

Maybe it's Supertrain...Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap ahead of it's own reflection in a single bound
Old 04-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #108
Larry76

yeah us engineer's know GE's cant outrun much of anything until after you've had time to eat 2 doublecheese burgers and a supersize fries. If that thing is actually outrunning its reflection it has to be some sort of new NASA experiment.
Larry
Old 04-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #109
chris crook

This kind of thread keeps me lurking.

On another note, aren't the heritage units also done to honor employees of the former companies? The Interstate has been gone a while, but there might be a few left. I was talking to an NS a while back who hired on with PC. So I bet there are some guys out there who get a kick out of seeing a salute to their former employer.

I love a good call out thread. Keep 'em coming.

Flickr: Armco_block
Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #110
nikos1

Thats even more pointless than the high sun catfish, why would you even take the time to photoshop that.

Wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=7861

More wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://nikos1.rrpicturearchives.net/

Video wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's
http://youtube.com/profile?user=nikosjk1
Old 04-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #111
troy12n
Banned

It looks better that way. At any rate, the "correct" version has been re-uploaded to pacify you.

Last edited by troy12n; 04-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #112
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
You know, the funny thing is, that comment by Mark Wurst was accepted, but the picture still remains in the database. What's up with that?
I deleted the comment.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #113
J-Guy

So, let's see if I understand this thread. You obviously have a problem with another photographer on the site, you ridicule his work in public (without cause), and when someone dares to comment on your poor photoshop job you just delete the comments?

Shameful conduct.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #114
BNSF2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwman View Post
I am Happy NS is doing them and sending out the first shots. 2 It's not summer and a lot of cloudy days unlike Florida thats sunny most day's, Maybe a week or longer for good light! 3 Who cares their cool! LOL
Lol. I agree completely, who cares lighting isnt everything its about the train.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #115
FBU32804

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Guy View Post
So, let's see if I understand this thread. You obviously have a problem with another photographer on the site, you ridicule his work in public (without cause), and when someone dares to comment on your poor photoshop job you just delete the comments?

Shameful conduct.
Exactly, J-Guy. NOT TO WORRY, he already had an army of enemies lined up for his day of reckoning prior to this, always frothing off at the mouth with his knowledge in every forum on the internet, he should just stay tucked away in obscurity down there in Tampa Bay. He's under the radar in a big way for his big mouth.

Reupload all you want, it hardly makes a difference.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #116
FBU32804

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
It looks better that way. At any rate, the "correct" version has been re-uploaded to pacify you.
You are an EMBARRASSMENT, emphasis on the ass, to this hobby and I'm ashamed you'd forge a photo in the first place...then have the audacity to cast stones at someone else...which you do on a regular basis.

You didn't reupload anything, same fake crap shot with the call-out remarks removed.

Last edited by FBU32804; 04-22-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Additional commentary
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #117
Joe the Photog

Wow, Troy. Just wow. Shaking my head.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #118
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBU32804 View Post
You are an EMBARRASSMENT, emphasis on the ass, to this hobby and I'm ashamed you'd forge a photo in the first place...then have the audacity to cast stones at someone else...which you do on a regular basis.

You didn't reupload anything, same fake crap shot with the call-out remarks removed.
Look man, I re-uploaded it, if the time it takes for the screeners to change it is too slow, talk to them, not me. They apparently chose to just delete it rather than accept my re-upload. Fine.

EDIT: they accepted the re-upload, then deleted the photo. I got an email from one of them. I am fine with what they did. I will re-upload it at some point.

As to your accusation of "forging a photo", give me a break. Nothing in the photo was faked. I took 2 photos, merged one part of the previous frame. Plenty of people do / have done this, including a screener(s). It's not like fake snow, or the previously mentioned picture of the NS unit.

At any rate, I set myself up for this, and will take it. It's everyone's opportunity to lay it on, so bring it...

EDIT2: So here's the important question: did I make Voldemort's page yet?

Last edited by troy12n; 04-22-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #119
JRMDC

Quote:
As to your accusation of "forging a photo", give me a break. Nothing in the photo was faked. I took 2 photos, merged one part of the previous frame. Plenty of people do / have done this, including a screener(s). It's not like fake snow, or the previously mentioned picture of the NS unit.
Actually, I'm not convinced this is apples to apples, but my memory is a little foggy. What have others done before?

Quote:
At any rate, I set myself up for this, and will take it.
You sure did! Putting aside for the moment your upcoming pounding, I don't even understand, and I'm curious. What was soooo bad about the water in the second frame that you felt the need to go to the trouble of 'shopping in the water from the earlier frame? Why do this?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
Old 04-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #120
FBU32804

QUOTE: "As to your accusation of "forging a photo", give me a break. Nothing in the photo was faked. I took 2 photos, merged one part of the previous frame. Plenty of people do / have done this, including a screener(s). It's not like fake snow, or the previously mentioned picture of the NS unit."

I agree, LOTS OF LIBERTIES taken with photos these days. You are NOT the only one. The difference? I don't see those guys on here bashing NS's corp photographer, telling the world what a "bad job" he's doing. Here's your kite. Go fly it. Better yet, go find that Karma Sutra book Kilroy mentioned on another thread that was raging near this one...you'll know the book when you see mention of it.

QUOTE: "EDIT2: So here's the important question: did I make Voldemort's page yet?[/quote]"

Dude, you've been there for a long time. You do a pretty good job of staying under your own Cloak Of Invisibility, I suggest you stay there. We just need an obit pic to go with your next post. Care to photoshop one for us?

Last edited by FBU32804; 04-22-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Adding quote marks
Old 04-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #121
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
I don't even understand, and I'm curious. What was soooo bad about the water in the second frame that you felt the need to go to the trouble of 'shopping in the water from the earlier frame? Why do this?
It wasnt horrible, below is the original. I wanted the nose of the locomotive to be visible. You will see it's not a drastic change. About 20 feet maybe. You be the judge.

It's enough for my detractors to pile on, and I guess it's their right.

Quote:
Actually, I'm not convinced this is apples to apples, but my memory is a little foggy. What have others done before?
The ones I am specifically referring to involve a certain planetary object.

The original

Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #122
PLEzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Wow, Troy. Just wow. Shaking my head.
Quote:
Think you could take a few minutes and shoot them in proper light?

Some of them are downright atrocious lighting conditions. And I am talking about the ones staged at the shops / yards for the most part.

Is the site that desperate for views that they just accept the first thing through? They cant wait 8-12 hours for someone to shoot the thing in proper light?

I really held my comments until today's high sun Interstate shot.

I hope NS isnt paying this guy.
I guess when you wrote all that you mean't he should have done a better PS job??

[Insert some remark about those that live in glass houses should not throw stones here]

I'll just sit back and enjoy the irony of this thread in the mean time...
My RP.net Photos

Last edited by PLEzero; 04-22-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #123
Ron Flanary

This thread should stop now...my computer's memory is being challenged (not to mention my own).

So...I think we were talking about photos of the NS heritage units, were we not? I guess that's relevant, because the NS was also the result of a merger of two things (initially--others followed).
Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #124
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Flanary View Post
This thread should stop now...my computer's memory is being challenged (not to mention my own).

So...I think we were talking about photos of the NS heritage units, were we not? I guess that's relevant, because the NS was also the result of a merger of two things (initially--others followed).
People dont like the premise of this thread, so it's about me now...

It's their choice. I dont care.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #125
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Flanary View Post
because the NS was also the result of a merger of two things (initially--others followed).
If I understand the relevant science correctly, we all are the result of a merger of two things!

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
Closed Thread