Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2018, 03:06 AM   #1
KevinM

Default Flickr about to limit free accounts to 1000 photos

On November 1, 2018, Flickr announced that starting early next year (2019), they will be limiting free users to just 1,000 photos. That's 1000 images, not some specific storage limit. For those of us who use Flickr to post albums of low-res images to share with friends, it means that if you have more than 1,000 images and you've put lots of time into building albums and creating captions, the site will begin to delete content early next year. For those of us in that category, its essentially an effort to extort money from the user or risk losing the work you've put into the site. The fee for a pro account is only $50/year, but the pro package offers nothing useful, other than unlimited storage, which some of us don't want or need. The site has no options to sell prints, so why would anyone pay for Flickr? For not a heck of a lot more, you could have a REAL portfolio site with services that are worth paying for.

I was about to work on some additional albums in my account this weekend. Glad I read the notice. I'm not putting any more effort into that site.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote