Old 05-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
RobJor

Default Something I always enjoy

Something new to look at?

I always like having an image sit at #1 slot for a while and then get rejected, never got one accepted. should just delete it and avoid the rejection.

What I really wonder about?

display did not size to screen like they usually do, even tho at standard size, at least what I thought.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...84&key=1893729

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
Mgoldman

There's (obviously) a lot of "empty/extra" space to the right - but the positives far outweigh that factor. I like it - looks like I'm looking out a window and not at am image on screen. Would look great printed on metallic paper.

I'd appeal it. Perhaps its popularity and appeal elsewhere can be noted - and, though it doesn't count, maybe admin has lightened up enough to consider your "status" on RP as a long time well received member - something I would think is of value these days for this site.

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:20 AM   #3
Joseph Cermak

I agree with Mitch, I personally really like it, definitely something different but still easy to tell what's going on.
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
bigbassloyd

I think it's a pretty interesting shot. Could maybe benefit from a touch more work in the shadows to bump them up a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
Would look great printed on metallic paper.

/Mitch
The only paper I use for my non-people photos. Mpix lost my festival business when they switched to that meh Fuji Pearl Paper.

Loyd L.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
RobJor

[quote=bigbassloyd;194072]I think it's a pretty interesting shot. Could maybe benefit from a touch more work in the shadows to bump them up a little.

I could tinker with it but don't see a way out here so I went with plan "B" which largely loses the special effect. Can try in a few months.

I entered the original in a local monthly art contest, see what happens. They took one I had of a bus on wheels reflected in the overhead train monitor that got the same rejection.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #6
miningcamper1

[quote=RobJor;194081]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
I think it's a pretty interesting shot. Could maybe benefit from a touch more work in the shadows to bump them up a little.

I could tinker with it but don't see a way out here so I went with plan "B" which largely loses the special effect. Can try in a few months.

I entered the original in a local monthly art contest, see what happens. They took one I had of a bus on wheels reflected in the overhead train monitor that got the same rejection.

Bob
Maybe reduce the sun glare some?

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote