Old 10-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
spacetrain1983

Default Okay then...

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...35&key=9159170
https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...36&key=5172417
https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...39&key=3109803
https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...41&key=5869104

Well, there's something unexpected.
CP one - took that just yesterday, I have several frames of this train at this location but thought this one was the best. Blurry? Yeah, I don't see it.

UP C44ACM one - well, I'll admit that I was a bit rushed in editing because I was trying to get it in before site midnight, but I thought it was good enough. I might need to just edit this one some more, and take more time...

Two SD70s - I thought that the mountain and grain elevator made neat scenery, but apparently the elevator is just clutter?

Yard job - again, maybe could use some extra editing, extra sharpening.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Sean Mathews

You know... I'm at the point where I don't even think they have real screeners, and its just some AI algorithm thing that get's fooled every now and then. Like for this one, the heat rising and causing the diffraction threw it off. Only thing that can explain it.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:12 PM   #3
KevinM

Spacetrain, despite the rejections, the quality of your photos is definitely improving. I think its just a matter of being a little more careful with photo locations and working on your editing skills. But I do see marked improvement over the stuff you were submitting even a year ago. Hopefully, at some point, the screeners will as well.

Keep at it!

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #4
bigbassloyd

I agree with Kevins' input. There's definitely improvement in your photography. I think the most valid rejection is for number 3, as the composition could have been different to keep the silos out of the locomotive. The rest are leaning towards nitpicky to me.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
Joseph Cermak

I could pretty much see all of these getting on with some additional editing. The rejections seem to be fixable ones and the shots are good overall.

For the grain silo one, do you have an earlier frame so that the silos would be next to the locomotives?
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:17 AM   #6
spacetrain1983

I do have a later few shots, as the silo shot was actually DPUs. I'll try editing a bit more with the other three and see if that does the trick.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:56 AM   #7
RobJor

I'd suggest the last, yard shot, is the most compelling unless they pull out the shadows rejection thing. There is a lot of detail, good light, background. Not sure I get the contrast rejections on that except the hills are a little washed out and somewhat blend into the sky.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:23 AM   #8
Decapod401

I agree with Kevin, Loyd and Joseph - your work behind the viewfinder is markedly better than when you started. I think that you would do yourself a favor by taking your time when editing. You are seeing problems with your photos after a rejection, and then making corrections. Make a checklist of all of the rejections that your receive, and make sure that you have covered all of those issues when editing each image before initial submission. Your acceptance rate will go up, making you feel better, and your rejection rate will go down, eventually making the screeners look more favorably on your submissions. Continually submitting flawed images makes the screener expect flaws on the next submission.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #9
ShortlinesUSA

First two? Kind of "meh" for me. But the 3rd really caught my eye. Surprised that didn't make it in. I'll pile on and just say you are getting much better. Good to see you upping your game and not following the masses over on social media saying how much this site sucks because they reject your photos.

Shortline and Regional RR forum moderator
ShortlinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote