Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
EMTRailfan

Location: I can be found railfanning the abandoned B&O Northern Sub.
Default Translator Please!!!

I found in the detailed history of one of my videos this forum with a link to my video in the message. Just curious as to what it says. I had a little French in school, but not enought to piece it together. Here is the message:

Quote:
en 2004, j'ai fais le voyage sur l'auto-train de amtrack, je me souviens plus des noms de stations, le trajet est de Washington et Orlando.

Le retour vers Washington le train a roulé tout le long a la vitesse maximale. Nous sommes arrivés avec 30 minutes d'avance sur l'horaire.

pendant toute la nuit , nous avons été brassé et nous avons attedu le sifflet du train toute la nuit. Presque sans arret, je n'avais jamais remarqué qu'il y avait autant de Xsing.

Je parle de cela car j'ai trouvé un vidéo ou on attend le train siffrer comme dans mon voyage.

http://www.rail-videos.net/video/view.php?id=6036
Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Freericks
Met Fan

This is what the Google translator says -- (you can just plug most languages into Google, by the way) --

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

in 2004, I make the trip to self-Amtrack train, I remember the names of stations, the trip is to Washington and Orlando.

The return to Washington the train rolled along at maximum speed. We arrived with 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

throughout the night, we were stirred attedu and we have the train whistle all night. Almost non-stop, I had never noticed that there were as many Xsing.

I mention this because I found a video or on the train Siffre looks like my trip.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
I mention this because I found a video or on the train Siffre looks like my trip.
The original said "siffrer" which got translated as "Siffre" (and in babelfish.yahoo was not translated at all). I got curious so I asked my French-speaking wife. It was probably a typo in the original, should have been "siffler" which is the verb "to whistle." It fits.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
EMTRailfan

Location: I can be found railfanning the abandoned B&O Northern Sub.

Thanks guys! I made out the obvious, and a little of the not quite so obvious with my very limited French. I was curious as to how my video related to Amtrak, and Washington to Orlando. Apparently he doesn't like our air horns because they kept him up all night, lol.