Old 10-07-2003, 09:24 AM   #1
bigboy4020

Default usa & canada

my name is jeffrey somerville l come from trafalagar in victoria Australia
l have been to USA three times 19979 1983 1992and Canada 2 times 1983 & 1992 l have away like your railroad companys l have seen Union Pacific in action in washington state & Burnlington Northern in Washington state Candian National in Jasper and Canadian Pacific in Banff.
Since then l have read about the mergers betwwen Burlington Northern and Santa Fe and then l read about Chicago North Western and Southern Pacific went into Union Pacific l wounder which companies will merge next jeffrey somerville
Old 10-07-2003, 09:31 AM   #2
AussieChick2865

Hi Jeff, That sounds like you have been a fan of Trains. I just wonder what they're like overseas only seen trains here.

Carley
Old 10-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #3
Guilford350

Jeffery,

I don't think there will be any more mergers anytime soon. There was speculation a few months ago that CSX and UP would merge. But that was started by rumors and also from all the UP trains that run on CSX. Back in 2000 there was again speculation that BNSF and CN would merge. The STB (Surface Transportation Board) put a stop to that one by putting a 15-month moratorium on large scale mergers.

The only mergers that we might be seeing from now on are ones from smaller railroads.
Guilford350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #4
iCe

Send a message via MSN to iCe

Hey guys,

I'd like to see some Australian trains, too!

http://members.rogers.com/will2004/Banner.jpg</A>
iCe is offline   Reply With Quote