Old 01-14-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
LAHDPOP

Default Ween ---

I finally got my new Rebel XT. They say we're supposed to have some sunshine in March. Maybe I'll get to try it out trackside then. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I think it's entirely possible that central Indiana may never see the sun again.

Thank goodness for Snowbird deployments! If the sun won't come here, then I'll just have to go to it. Last part of Feb, first few days of Mar, I'll be deployed to DM in Tucson. I've heard the sun shines there. Can't wait to see it.

By the way, I know you were using the photo software that came with the XT. Do you still like it? Is it good enough to not buy PhotoShop Elements?

I didn't say it was your fault.... I said I was going to blame you.

Click Here to see my rp.net photos.

Click Here to see my "personal collection"
LAHDPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
Ween

All my shots between March and November were editted using the Canon software, and I liked the results (I was shooting JPEG). In December, I wanted to try RAW, but I reverted back to using Photoshop 6.0. For whatever reason, the Canon software would not fully load on my desktop computer (Digital Photo Professional did which allowed me to convert the RAW to TIFF which I editted using PS 6.0). I like Photostudio 5.5 for editting (I did some head-tohead comparisons with PS 6.0, and I like the Canon software better); it served me well (now that I know more about processing RAW, TIFF, etc., I could have used Photostudio 5.5 the whole time).

Bottom line: I need Photoshop Creative Suite 2.0; I just don't want to spend $600 bucks for it. I may look into PS Elements 3.0, but until then, I'll keep using what I have and trying to get the most out of it.

I'm supposed to be heading to Edwards, CA on Monday (near Tehachapi) for a week, but I don't have my camera. I sent it and my 4.0L lens to Canon to check them for backfocusing issues. Chances are, it's me causing the problem, not the equipment, but I wanted to be sure to eliminate any suspicion. Plus, the sun doesn't shine here anymore and I could do without it for a few weeks. If only I knew I wouldn't have it for sunny California. Damn!

One of the guys in my squadron has an XT, and I'm seriously thinking about asking if I can rent it from him for a week with a full guarantee that I will replace/repay any damages I may cause to it. I mean, howmany times to you get an all-expense paid trip to the Tehachapi area?!?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Frederick

The sun should come out Wednesday here. Speaking of the Rebel XT, I'm saving up for one. I already have $350+...

Flickr Account
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
LAHDPOP

I just acquired Photoshop CS2 ver 9.0. One of these days when I figure out how to use it, I'll let you know how I like it. This thing is way more powerful than I'm used to. I have a feeling I'll never use its full potential.

I didn't say it was your fault.... I said I was going to blame you.

Click Here to see my rp.net photos.

Click Here to see my "personal collection"
LAHDPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #5
VirginiaSouthern
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VirginiaSouthern Send a message via Yahoo to VirginiaSouthern

If anybody wants a copy of PS CS2...ask and ye shall receive.
VirginiaSouthern is offline   Reply With Quote