Old 06-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
chuckman

Default Western New york and PA, Bath and Hammondsport, and livonia avon and lakeville

I live in the rochester-buffalo area and I would like to catch some trains on these three shortlines. Anyone that has info please tell me when trains run, what time, what power can be expected, and where to catch them on what days. Thank you to anyone who can provide assistance!

Charlie
chuckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
EMTRailfan

Location: I can be found railfanning the abandoned B&O Northern Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
I live in the rochester-buffalo area and I would like to catch some trains on these three shortlines. Anyone that has info please tell me when trains run, what time, what power can be expected, and where to catch them on what days. Thank you to anyone who can provide assistance!

Charlie
You might have better luck here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LAL_RAIL/
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
TAMR159

LA&L runs daily, Northbound out of Lakeville at 0700 or so. The B&H, I have no idea. And the WNY&P is usually moving every day, but most stuff is on an as-needed basis, so it's basically just drive down and pray.

Also, be sure to steer clear of the property. Apparently some out-of-town railfans were in Lakeville, doing things like setting up a ladder in the gauge of their main track or getting mouthy with the officials who told them to leave - long story short, they're no longer letting you waltz in to sign a release and poke around. Feel free to shoot them from public property, by all means, but it looks like the casual, friendly atmosphere they had there may be history.
TAMR159 is offline   Reply With Quote