Old 09-14-2006, 06:32 AM   #26
Ru1056
Senior Member
 
Ru1056's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indianapolis IN
Posts: 438
Send a message via Yahoo to Ru1056
Default

Quote:
I'm gonna have to try those sometime, but for now, there's gotta be some sugar (at least on the mini-wheats), otherwise it's like chewing on cardboard...
I put some sugar on mine, but with a 20 month old, sugar free cereal that he will eat is a god send.
__________________
Billy

JREB.ORG. Moderated discussion forums about NS & CSX

Remember the ugly photo god.
Ru1056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #27
cmherndon
Banned
 
cmherndon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lawrenceburg, KY
Posts: 883
Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
So I have only the two options you listed? That's it?
Shutting up is also an option. It would certainly do you well.

Quote:
I can post whatever I want to as well, on subject or not. I could talk about what I had for breakfast today if I felt like it (it was frosted mini-wheats, BTW).
That you can, however, it's wise to use discretion, something you have a problem doing. You didn't have to come in and act like you're a moderator, but you did anyway. As mentioned before, why didn't you just move along and not feed it? Is that simple concept just a little too complex for you?

Quote:
But what my beef in this thread has become is this: Why can you post whatever you want in the off topic thread and use the 'it's off topic so I can post whatever I want and voice my opinion,' but yet, I can't respond to it in whatever manner I want?
It's a little matter of hypocrisy. You said yourself, "this is where posting discretion comes into play." You could have moved on to a different thread and not spewed forth any Bravo Sierra. Here's some advice to you: Just shut up already.

Quote:
Well, not to prove your point for you, but this baited statement only leads to: you're wrong. Sorry you feel that way, but I'm actually a very open-minded person.
Which is why anyone is wrong for using the clone stamp. This is why everyone is wrong if they compare current photography to the work of a deceased photographer. This is why anyone is wrong if they don't sign up for an elite membership.

Quote:
Sorry you don't like people who have strong opinions, but that's life.
Ah yes. C'est la vie. I actually laughed out loud when I read that statement. I too have strong opinions about many things. If what you stated was actually true, I wouldn't get along with any of my friends, who are quite opinionated themselves.

I'll tell you who and what I don't like. I don't like people with your attitude, and I certainly don't like hypocrisy.

Quote:
And if you don't like the opinion or the person saying it, don't read it.
That's a two way street, bub.

Ween, your problem is obvious...

cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #28
hoydie17
We Own The Night...
 
hoydie17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 799
Send a message via AIM to hoydie17 Send a message via Yahoo to hoydie17
Default

Alrighty, this has now gotten far out of hand. I can see that trying to have a discussion about something other than trains in an OFF TOPIC FORUM is just not gonna happen here.

Trying to start a serious discussion about something that effects us all, and you've all helped me prove my point for my research paper. I've got a professor who insists that people really do care about political current events. I insisted that they don't care unless it is of direct effect to their daily lifestyle, guess what, you've proven me right! At least so far as the scope of my argument goes, a fact that I'm going to enjoy rubbing in on my prof.

Ween, you are in fact welcome to post anything you want in an off-topic forum, however since your opinion of this specific thread, was that you didn't like it, you could have simply started another thread and complained about politics on forums all you wanted. Not feed the one you hated by adding more fuel to the fire. So I stand by my point, end of discussion.

Change doesn't come about because people ignore the problems that they face until they get too big to control.

Sean
__________________
See my work on FLICKR: Night Stalker Photo Works on FLICKR

Or if you want to see my work here at RP.net? Click here.

"It's just a damn train son!"
hoydie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #29
Christopher Muller
Senior Member
 
Christopher Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA





Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
For me, I want to read political debate here about as much as I want to read every single car vs. train situation that happens across the country.

Did you hear about the car that hit a train in Crookston?



Quote:
Originally Posted by cmherndon
That's a two way street, bub.

Ween, your problem is obvious...


And you sir, are also entitled to your own opinion. Nice attack. Even if you are both entitled to your own opinion in an off-topic forum, fighting and attacking in public is just bad business.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hoydie17
Last time I checked I'm an American, that means I'm entitled to my opinion. As long as I post it in an off-topic forum...

I took a dump yesterday, in my opinion she didn't smell like roses.
(safe because its both off-topic and my opinion.)







Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Last edited by Christopher Muller; 09-14-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Christopher Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #30
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,898
Default

Gas was $2.16 a gallon for 87 grade yesterday in Great Falls, SC, a few cetns cheaper than Enmark on Hwy. 200 in Lancaster, SC this morning.

If the politicians really want me to think they had anything to do with this, by election time, I'll be paying 99 cents a gallon again!


Joe H.
__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #31
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
I took a dump yesterday
And we come full circle: that's why I eat Mini-wheats!
__________________
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #32
hoydie17
We Own The Night...
 
hoydie17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 799
Send a message via AIM to hoydie17 Send a message via Yahoo to hoydie17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog
Gas was $2.16 a gallon for 87 grade yesterday in Great Falls, SC, a few cetns cheaper than Enmark on Hwy. 200 in Lancaster, SC this morning.

If the politicians really want me to think they had anything to do with this, by election time, I'll be paying 99 cents a gallon again!


Joe H.
They'll make up for it in taxes. One way or the other, THEY WILL get your money.

Sean
__________________
See my work on FLICKR: Night Stalker Photo Works on FLICKR

Or if you want to see my work here at RP.net? Click here.

"It's just a damn train son!"
hoydie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #33
NSFan14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Haven, KY
Posts: 723
Default

you know sean has every right to talk about what he wants on a OFF TOPIC FORUM and i think if you have a problem with it then dont read it cause half of everyone of you all always have to stir up an argument and i know that for a fact cause i put stuff on here before and it always turn out to be an argument yall just need to chill ok it's an OFF TOPIC FORUM so he can talk about whatever he wants on here so DONT READ HIS POST if you got a problem with it.
__________________
-Alex Moss
NSFan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #34
cmherndon
Banned
 
cmherndon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lawrenceburg, KY
Posts: 883
Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoydie17
They'll make up for it in taxes. One way or the other, THEY WILL get your money.
That they will. In Kentucky, there's a state/federal 34.5 cent tax per gallon of gas. Let's say you fill up with 15 gallons weekly. That ends up being $20.70 a month you pay to the government in fuel taxes. Not a huge amount, but when you take into consideration the number of drivers on the road, it really adds up. There's all sorts of obscure ways they'll get money.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #35
busyEMT
Senior Member
 
busyEMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
http://www.taxfoundation.org/publica...show/1139.html

October 26, 2005

State and Federal Treasuries "Profit" More from Gasoline Sales than U.S. Oil Industry

by Jonathan Williams and Scott A. Hodge


Fiscal Fact No. 38

High gas prices and strong oil company earnings have generated a rash of new tax proposals in recent months. Some lawmakers have called for new “windfall profits” taxes—similar to the one signed into federal law in 1980 by President Jimmy Carter—that would tax the profits of major oil companies at a rate of 50 percent. Meanwhile, many commentators have voiced support for the idea of increasing gas taxes to keep the price of gasoline at post-Katrina highs, thereby reducing gas consumption.

However, often ignored in this debate is the fact that oil industry profits are highly cyclical, making them just as prone to “busts” as to “booms.” Additionally, tax collections on the production and import of gasoline by state and federal governments are already near historic highs. In fact, in recent decades governments have collected far more revenue from gasoline taxes than the largest U.S. oil companies have collectively earned in domestic profits. (Click here for previous analysis of state, local and federal gas taxes.)

According to data compiled by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration, the domestic profits of the 25 largest oil companies in the U.S. have been highly volatile since the late 1970s.

As illustrated in Figure 1, between 1977 and 1985, the oil industry recorded relatively high profits—averaging nearly $33 billion per year, after adjusting for inflation. These good times were followed by ten years of relatively flat profits, averaging just $12.3 billion per year. In 1996, profits began to rise again but have been anything but stable, ranging from $9 billion to nearly $42 billion per year. Between 1977 and 2004, the industry’s domestic profits totaled $643 billion, after adjusting for inflation.
Others profit as well. Don't forget the 401K, Roth IRAs and other "grandparents" living off dividends from stocks.
__________________
Aaron Florin- Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Visit Twin Cities Railfan.com
Visit the Twin Cities Railfan forums.

Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics!
busyEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:30 AM   #36
Slopes09
Senior Member
 
Slopes09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Here.
Posts: 837
Send a message via AIM to Slopes09
Default

My head hurts now.
__________________
-Mike W.
Railroad Civil Engineer

Pretty much the only Pentax Shooter.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Slopes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.