Go Back   RailPictures.Net Forums > Railroad Photography Forums > Railroad Photography Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #76
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew
 
Chase55671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nitro, WV
Posts: 2,195
Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671
Default

Heh, I was questioning why you had a post without text, but I see what ya did. You're correct. Several people chipped in and gave their 0.2's on the images he posted and we're still not getting anywhere. We'll gladly help contribute tips, etc. but when he didn't even acknowledge them or try to improve his skills at all, I gave up.

Chase
__________________
Chase Gunnoe
Railpictures.Net Crew
Rail-Videos.Net Crew
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #77
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
While my time can be limited for being on the forum and website itself, I will start rereading the posts a little more carefully.
So what's your excuse for not addressing this comment you made earlier in the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
Road Foreman, the exposure modes that you listed, I never use. In fact, not only are they really a no no for RP.net, but in general.
Several people have called you out on that asking for some clarification. While you're wasting time editing the same shots, why don't you take a couple minutes to address what you meant by the above quote?





Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
While its frustrating NYSubway18, it's not the end of the world.
What's REALLY frustrating is that you made this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
Road Foreman, the exposure modes that you listed, I never use. In fact, not only are they really a no no for RP.net, but in general.
...and have failed to elaborate on it despite repeated requests.

Is it because you've realized that it made absolutely NO sense and if you keep ignoring us it'll just go away? Not likely. Too bad Mike B. isn't still here to ask about his "camera on its side" comment that he made a couple of years ago.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #78
jlev
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 215
Default

I'm sorry to say this, but I think I'm really trying my hardest to become a better photographer, and I think I'm good, but still need work in some areas.

For those who keep thinking I'm not rereading the posts, I disagree with you. In fact, not to mention names, but I do feel a little insulted by some of the posts, especially the ones who keep on blaming me for not rereading the posts.

For those who said my comments are frustrating, I don't agree with you. I'm sorry.

I will move on, and keep learning.

Last edited by jlev; 05-30-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Making sure that I don't say any wrong information
jlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #79
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
I think we should lock this thread up, and I will move on, and keep learning.
Even if this thread is locked, you will be constantly reminded of the absurd comment you made earlier in this thread until you decide to address it.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #80
jlev
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 215
Default

What I meant when I said it wasn't the end of the world was that there are many opportunities to get photographs accepted to the database. I understand that it won't always happen right a way. I wasn't being insulting at all when I made that statement to NYSubway18. In fact, I was speaking in general, not to one person.

I have used shutter priority on my camera, but to only see that mode enable the object(train) to freeze while blurring.

Last edited by jlev; 05-30-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Giving an example of a mode that I used in which the picture was an issue
jlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
What I meant when I said it wasn't the end of the world was that there are many opportunities to get photographs accepted to the database. I understand that it won't always happen right a way. I wasn't being insulting at all when I made that statement to NYSubway18. In fact, I was speaking in general, not to one person.
That's funny, I don't see "end of the world" anywhere in the quote below. Are you still trying to avoid explaning what you meant by this?

Quote:
Road Foreman, the exposure modes that you listed, I never use. In fact, not only are they really a no no for RP.net, but in general.
And who said anything about being insulted. WTF are you talking about??
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #82
Red Granite
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default

I'm sorry but these quotes couldn't go by without comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
Road Foreman, the exposure modes that you listed, I never use. In fact, not only are they really a no no for RP.net, but in general.
With all due respect, you, sir, are completely and unequivocally wrong. Your lack of photographic knowledge is clearly evident in your shots. You need to go back and re-learn basic Photography 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
I shoot on sports mode, even though the trains aren't moving too quickly in those shots, obviously.
See the below quote...this gentleman is absolutely 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
...had you shot using other exposure options, (Aperature priority ((A)), Shutter Priority ((S)), Manual Exposure ((M)))
you gain a lot more control of your photo.
Exactly.

But I guess I've been doing it wrong for the past 20 years. What do I know. I guess Ansel was wrong too.
Red Granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #83
Watain
-_-
 
Watain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiltons, Virginia, USA
Posts: 953
Send a message via MSN to Watain
Default

I think this is the classic case of the user that just doesn't ''get it''. Makes me recall the days of Mike Richmond, only 10 times as bad. Its like you don't even listen to what everyone is saying, it is seriously not as hard as your making it out to be.

Last edited by Watain; 05-31-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:48 AM   #84
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net
 
John Fladung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 785
Default

Nice font!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	4133  
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #85
JWH
Member
 
JWH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nelson, BC
Posts: 37
Default

Perhaps incremental doses of shock treatment followed by a partial lobotomy might do the trick.
JWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #86
NYSubway18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
I have used shutter priority on my camera, but to only see that mode enable the object(train) to freeze while blurring.
Ummm....you picked the wrong shutter speed then? This is the mode that should actually be the most fool proof of getting a blurry train shot. Make sure the shutter speed is faster than 1/500th and the camera figures out the rest. I think you need to find a basic book explaining shutter speed, aperture sizes and ISO, how they work and their relationship to each other. Once you master those ideas, you should see more marked improvement. Without a strong understanding of those concepts, your improvement efforts will most likely be futile. Good luck.
NYSubway18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.