Go Back   RailPictures.Net Forums > Railroad Photography Forums > Railroad Photography Forum

Old 05-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #76
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Heh, I was questioning why you had a post without text, but I see what ya did. You're correct. Several people chipped in and gave their 0.2's on the images he posted and we're still not getting anywhere. We'll gladly help contribute tips, etc. but when he didn't even acknowledge them or try to improve his skills at all, I gave up.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #77
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlev View Post
While my time can be limited for being on the forum and website itself, I will start rereading the posts a little more carefully.
So what's your excuse for not addressing this comment you made earlier in the thread?

Quote:
Road Foreman, the exposure modes that you listed, I never use. In fact, not only are they really a no no for RP.net, but in general.
Several people have called you out on that asking for some clarification. While you're wasting time editing the same shots, why don't you take a couple minutes to address what you meant by the above quote?

Quote:
While its frustrating NYSubway18, it's not the end of the world.
What's REALLY frustrating is that you made this comment:

Quote:
Road Foreman, the exposure modes that you listed, I never use. In fact, not only are they really a no no for RP.net, but in general.
...and have failed to elaborate on it despite repeated requests.

Is it because you've realized that it made absolutely NO sense and if you keep ignoring us it'll just go away? Not likely. Too bad Mike B. isn't still here to ask about his "camera on its side" comment that he made a couple of years ago.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #78
jlev
Banned

I'm sorry to say this, but I think I'm really trying my hardest to become a better photographer, and I think I'm good, but still need work in some areas.

For those who keep thinking I'm not rereading the posts, I disagree with you. In fact, not to mention names, but I do feel a little insulted by some of the posts, especially the ones who keep on blaming me for not rereading the posts.

For those who said my comments are frustrating, I don't agree with you. I'm sorry.

I will move on, and keep learning.

Last edited by jlev; 05-30-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Making sure that I don't say any wrong information
jlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #79
JimThias

Quote:
I think we should lock this thread up, and I will move on, and keep learning.
Even if this thread is locked, you will be constantly reminded of the absurd comment you made earlier in this thread until you decide to address it.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #80
jlev
Banned

What I meant when I said it wasn't the end of the world was that there are many opportunities to get photographs accepted to the database. I understand that it won't always happen right a way. I wasn't being insulting at all when I made that statement to NYSubway18. In fact, I was speaking in general, not to one person.

I have used shutter priority on my camera, but to only see that mode enable the object(train) to freeze while blurring.

Last edited by jlev; 05-30-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Giving an example of a mode that I used in which the picture was an issue
jlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
JimThias

Quote:
What I meant when I said it wasn't the end of the world was that there are many opportunities to get photographs accepted to the database. I understand that it won't always happen right a way. I wasn't being insulting at all when I made that statement to NYSubway18. In fact, I was speaking in general, not to one person.
That's funny, I don't see "end of the world" anywhere in the quote below. Are you still trying to avoid explaning what you meant by this?

Quote:
And who said anything about being insulted. WTF are you talking about??

Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #82
Red Granite

I'm sorry but these quotes couldn't go by without comment.

Quote:
With all due respect, you, sir, are completely and unequivocally wrong. Your lack of photographic knowledge is clearly evident in your shots. You need to go back and re-learn basic Photography 101.

Quote:
I shoot on sports mode, even though the trains aren't moving too quickly in those shots, obviously.
See the below quote...this gentleman is absolutely 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
...had you shot using other exposure options, (Aperature priority ((A)), Shutter Priority ((S)), Manual Exposure ((M)))
you gain a lot more control of your photo.
Exactly.

But I guess I've been doing it wrong for the past 20 years. What do I know. I guess Ansel was wrong too.
Red Granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #83
Watain
-_-

Send a message via MSN to Watain

I think this is the classic case of the user that just doesn't ''get it''. Makes me recall the days of Mike Richmond, only 10 times as bad. Its like you don't even listen to what everyone is saying, it is seriously not as hard as your making it out to be.

Last edited by Watain; 05-31-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:48 AM   #84
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net

Nice font!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	4133  
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #85
JWH

Perhaps incremental doses of shock treatment followed by a partial lobotomy might do the trick.
JWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #86
NYSubway18

Quote:
I have used shutter priority on my camera, but to only see that mode enable the object(train) to freeze while blurring.
Ummm....you picked the wrong shutter speed then? This is the mode that should actually be the most fool proof of getting a blurry train shot. Make sure the shutter speed is faster than 1/500th and the camera figures out the rest. I think you need to find a basic book explaining shutter speed, aperture sizes and ISO, how they work and their relationship to each other. Once you master those ideas, you should see more marked improvement. Without a strong understanding of those concepts, your improvement efforts will most likely be futile. Good luck.
NYSubway18 is offline   Reply With Quote