Default Adobe tests DOUBLING price

Sure, why not?

Nothing like a captive audience.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/2/18...lan-price-hike

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
KevinM

Which is why I bought the last version of Lightroom that was standalone.......

Never trust anyone who expects you to pay for a subscription for life. They set the hook with what seems to be a reasonable price, and then you get hit with an increase every year forever......just like cable TV.

I think folks should look for other solutions than Adobe. Like Facebook and lots of other companies, they need to learn that they don't own us.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
bigbassloyd

I'm going to be a crossroads when my current laptop dies and I won't be able to continue using Elements 12 and CS6 anymore. I refuse to pay monthly for adobe, but I do enjoy what elements / ps offered.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site

Last edited by bigbassloyd; 05-03-2019 at 04:10 PM.
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #4
miningcamper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
I'm going to be a crossroads when my current laptop dies and I won't be able to continue using Elements 12 and CS6 anymore. I refuse to pay monthly for adobe, but I do enjoy what elements / ps offered.

Loyd L.
???
You can't store Elements 12 and CS6 by some means so you can load them onto your next computer?

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #5
Moffat Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
???
You can't store Elements 12 and CS6 by some means so you can load them onto your next computer?
I hope Loyd doesnít mind me answering, but a new computerís operating system doesnít always run older programs. In my case, Iím still on CS3 and my newer computerís OS is about the last one to be able to run it.

Mike D.
Moffat Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:55 PM   #6
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
???
Sure. I have them both in storage along with CS2, and CS3. Does that mean they will be usable? Nope.

I could install CS2, but since the activation server for it has been down for years, moot point

Elements 12 is notoriously difficult to configure to run properly on a post 2017 Win 10 Opsys. I've been tinkering with it at work on our Win 10 test box without much luck. Yes, we have a windows 10 test computer because medical facilities generally do not switch opsys like the consumer world forces users to. Windows 7 is also what I continue to run at home. A sad day is coming on 1/14/20.

Loyd L.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
railfanzone

Quote:
I could install CS2, but since the activation server for it has been down for years, moot point

Loyd L.
Eh, works fine for me. Installed CS2 on Windows 10. It's a bit klunky on 10, but it works for what I need it to do. Just follow the directions in this Adobe KB article - they have an installer version that does not require activation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-sui...-end-life.html

Flickr stuff - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nanosphoto/
My Railpictures.net Photos
My published photo portfolio
My one photo on JetPhotos.net
railfanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfanzone View Post
Eh, works fine for me. Installed CS2 on Windows 10. It's a bit klunky on 10, but it works for what I need it to do. Just follow the directions in this Adobe KB article - they have an installer version that does not require activation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-sui...-end-life.html
Yes Tom, but I was referencing his comment as to why I couldn't just store the disc / installation and use it later. You cannot use the as purchased cs2 files and install them now.

Loyd L.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 PM   #9
Grewup on the CW

Quote:
S..........Windows 7 is also what I continue to run at home. A sad day is coming on 1/14/20.

Loyd L.
I'm in the same boat. Gonna cost me a pile $$$$$$ to upgrade ALL my work software, plus a new laptop/OS just so I can stay ahead of the hackers.
Win 7 Pro is the most stable/user friendly version I've ever used (I've used them all since version 1.0) and once again I gotta move up just because new looks sells......
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote