Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #101
stevenmwelch
Senior Member
 
stevenmwelch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 720
Send a message via AIM to stevenmwelch Send a message via Yahoo to stevenmwelch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock4244 View Post
But it is a little boring here without him around...
Yes, it is. 100% agree...

I hate to say this... But, I miss Mike B.

SMW- someone please shoot me!
__________________
Steven M. Welch
Minot, ND
I gots my floaties and I'm ready to go railroadin' in Minot.
My Photos on RP
My RP Rejects and then Some
stevenmwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #102
lock4244
Senior Member
 
lock4244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The City Below Vaughan
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
Mike Da Costa is the one we're talking abooooot (gotta say it like the Canadian he is)
Hey hoser, I'm a Canadian too, eh. I take great offense to your charaterizing Canadians as a bunch of backbacon eating, Tim Horton's coffee drinking hockey nuts with crazy coloured money who spell colored with a u in it. I almost never use the term abooooot, don't eat poutine, and use eh only every third word.

Your bigotry is shocking. Take off, eh!

__________________
Mike Lockwood

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #103
stevenmwelch
Senior Member
 
stevenmwelch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 720
Send a message via AIM to stevenmwelch Send a message via Yahoo to stevenmwelch
Default OT: Canadians WAS; Stolen Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock4244 View Post
use eh only every third word.

I'm not Canadian and have never been to Oh Canada and I say 'eh' every 5th word. I ain't no Canadian eh.

SMW- ya'llz bacon is good eh
__________________
Steven M. Welch
Minot, ND
I gots my floaties and I'm ready to go railroadin' in Minot.
My Photos on RP
My RP Rejects and then Some
stevenmwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #104
J Douglas Moore
Senior Member
 
J Douglas Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: "It's a dry heat" Arizona
Posts: 716
Default

Steven......... I be here but I have been off for about 2 months myself.. Just got too busy. Mike never allowed the facts to interfere with his opinion. He had some good insight and was quite entertaining but too much of an egotist for me to say I miss it.........
__________________

"Thanks for looking"

It is a proven fact that birthdays are good for you. The people with the most always live longer!
J Douglas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #105
lock4244
Senior Member
 
lock4244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The City Below Vaughan
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
SMW- ya'llz bacon is good eh
You should see how much sweet tea I consume when in the US (Golden Corral, anyone?)! I brought 10 gallons home when I was last in Erie, PA. Can't get it up here, can't live without it, down to 3 gallons that have to last until November
__________________
Mike Lockwood

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #106
trainmaster_1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
I'm not Canadian and have never been to Oh Canada and I say 'eh' every 5th word. I ain't no Canadian eh.

SMW- ya'llz bacon is good eh
You should come up here and enjoy our hockey violence and Matt Hick's fun making :P Don't bring Andrew along or he'll ruin it all....

/me runs far far away.......
__________________
Michael

CN Conductor

Click here to view my pictures on RP.net
trainmaster_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #107
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock4244 View Post
You should see how much sweet tea I consume when in the US (Golden Corral, anyone?)! I brought 10 gallons home when I was last in Erie, PA. Can't get it up here, can't live without it, down to 3 gallons that have to last until November
You don't know how to make sweet tea?

Here's a hint. There are two main components, which might be identifiable if one contemplates the name of the beverage.
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #108
stevenmwelch
Senior Member
 
stevenmwelch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 720
Send a message via AIM to stevenmwelch Send a message via Yahoo to stevenmwelch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
You don't know how to make sweet tea?

Here's a hint. There are two main components, which might be identifiable if one contemplates the name of the beverage.
Is booze one of the components of making sweet tea?

__________________
Steven M. Welch
Minot, ND
I gots my floaties and I'm ready to go railroadin' in Minot.
My Photos on RP
My RP Rejects and then Some
stevenmwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #109
lock4244
Senior Member
 
lock4244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The City Below Vaughan
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
You don't know how to make sweet tea?

Here's a hint. There are two main components, which might be identifiable if one contemplates the name of the beverage.
Yeah, but even though I know how to cook a steak I'd rather have one at Ruth's Chris!
__________________
Mike Lockwood

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #110
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock4244 View Post
Yeah, but even though I know how to cook a steak I'd rather have one at Ruth's Chris!
YUM!!!

mmm... BEEF
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #111
Watain
-_-
 
Watain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiltons, Virginia, USA
Posts: 953
Send a message via MSN to Watain
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
YUM!!!

mmm... BEEF
Its whats for dinner.... and so is duck, pig, chicken, goose, bison, lamb. In my house at least.
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 AM   #112
jnohallman
Senior Member
 
jnohallman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
You don't know how to make sweet tea?

Here's a hint. There are two main components, which might be identifiable if one contemplates the name of the beverage.
You mean sugar and more sugar? I went into a Hardee's in West Virginia once and ordered an iced tea without thinking about where I was. There was so much sugar in it that you could feel the grit of the undissolved crystals on your tongue! Give me unsweetened iced tea with lemon any day . . .

Jon
__________________
"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." - Mark Twain

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #113
jnohallman
Senior Member
 
jnohallman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watain View Post
Its whats for dinner.... and so is duck, pig, chicken, goose, bison, lamb. In my house at least.
Don't forget the alligator, venison, elk and muskrat! If I had the money to eat at places like Ruth's Chris, I'd be spending it on L glass instead . . .

Jon
__________________
"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." - Mark Twain

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 AM   #114
Watain
-_-
 
Watain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiltons, Virginia, USA
Posts: 953
Send a message via MSN to Watain
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohallman View Post
Don't forget the alligator, venison, elk and muskrat! If I had the money to eat at places like Ruth's Chris, I'd be spending it on L glass instead . . .

Jon
Being a food nut I would probably be spending it on my local five star.

''
Troutdale Dining Room''
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 AM   #115
lock4244
Senior Member
 
lock4244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The City Below Vaughan
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohallman View Post
Don't forget the alligator, venison, elk and muskrat! If I had the money to eat at places like Ruth's Chris, I'd be spending it on L glass instead . . .

Jon
Every once in a while one needs to splurge. True, a fillet, garlic mashed, and a creme brulee costs as much as two weeks groceries, but when you're eating it you aren't thinking about the cost. The GF and I get some comp's at our two local Ruth's, so it is not horribly expensive, just frightenly expensive!

STEAK STEAK STEAK STEAK!
__________________
Mike Lockwood

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 AM   #116
jnohallman
Senior Member
 
jnohallman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watain View Post
Being a food nut I would probably be spending it on my local five star.

''
Troutdale Dining Room''
Actually, I'm something of a food nut myself. I just haven't met a steak that I thought was worth $40 or $50 yet (and don't get me started on the $8 baked potato). The most disappointing meal I've ever had was at a Morton's Steak House in San Francisco - the food wasn't any better than I've found at other places for half the price. Now, on the same trip I went up the road to River's End restaurant in Jenner on the Coast Highway, spent a little less than I dropped at Morton's, and had a meal that was way better - the elk chops were wonderful!

Jon
__________________
"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." - Mark Twain

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!

Last edited by jnohallman; 03-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:33 AM   #117
Watain
-_-
 
Watain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiltons, Virginia, USA
Posts: 953
Send a message via MSN to Watain
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohallman View Post
Actually, I'm something of a food nut myself. I just haven't met a steak that I thought was worth $40 or $50 yet (and don't get me started on the $8 baed potato). The most disappointing meal I've ever had was at a Morton's Steak House in San Francisco - the food wasn't any better than I've found at other places for half the price. Now, on the same trip I went up the road to River's End restaurant in Jenner on the Coast Highway, spent a little less than I dropped at Morton's, and had a meal that was way better - the elk chops were wonderful!

Jon
Well I would say this thread is way off topic but oh well. $8 for a baked potoato? Geez, Elk chops sound very good; too bad I cant get Elk here. I have plenty of Venison walking around on my land though.
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #118
norfolksouthern
Senior Member
 
norfolksouthern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 147
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watain View Post
CM Persky and David Nutter are two I recognize off the bat. Both seem to like everything I take, and everything that's added every single day. Anytime I see a favorite I think ''ooh someone cool...nope just Nutter Butter..''. This is probably going off topic but, he also seemed to abuse the comment system there for a while. With perfect grammar such as ''What an beautiful.''
Well, I am unhappy about this comment....

I am not for enjoy about "nutter butter" sound like be annoying to me...oh wait...I knew understand that everyone keep about my name about "favorite" things so I thinking guessing better need to quit stay away from "favorite" since but its still I keep runs around "favorite" on photographers because he/she photographers really very alot experience than I do. Because, I don't even how to work on photographers balance or something else.

Also, most time I always comment said word "what a beautiful" or "great shot" BECAUSE sometime I was type long comments but RP rejection my comments because those was not perfectly and poorly grammar but THEY don't know that I AM DEAF!

Also, I am young adult but its still I am unexperience on photographers because they RP always KEEP rejection my photos at all times so that somewhat I just visit them and comments that's it.

Also, yeah I already out of school and but I try doing my best work on grammar like as same to hearing peoples things because MAYBE you know that between deaf and hearing peoples grammar is so DIFFERENT...

- David
norfolksouthern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #119
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
Is booze one of the components of making sweet tea?

That's Long Isand Iced Tea, the best kind of tea there is.

__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #120
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Douglas Moore View Post
.....always quick with a helpful suggestion, like "You should throw away your camera and go shoot whoever sold it to you!"
I need to remember that one. I'd change "shoot" to "bitch slap" though.

__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #121
trainboysd40
Senior Member
 
trainboysd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta on the CP Laggan Subdivision
Posts: 2,048
Send a message via MSN to trainboysd40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watain View Post
CM Persky and David Nutter are two I recognize off the bat. Both seem to like everything I take, and everything that's added every single day. Anytime I see a favorite I think ''ooh someone cool...nope just Nutter Butter..''. This is probably going off topic but, he also seemed to abuse the comment system there for a while. With perfect grammar such as ''What an beautiful.''
That's not nice! He's deaf, he can't help his grammar!
Besides, it's Dnut Butter.
__________________
got a D5 IIi and now he doesnt afread fo 12800 iSO
Youtube (Model Railway, Vlogs, Tutorials, and prototype)
My Website
Obligatory link to shots on RP, HERE
trainboysd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #122
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolksouthern View Post
Also, yeah I already out of school and but I try doing my best work on grammar like as same to hearing peoples things because MAYBE you know that between deaf and hearing peoples grammar is so DIFFERENT...
Don't sweat it, David, some of us here understand.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #123
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew
 
Chase55671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nitro, WV
Posts: 2,194
Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolksouthern View Post
Also, I am young adult but its still I am unexperience on photographers because they RP always KEEP rejection my photos at all times so that somewhat I just visit them and comments that's it..
If you think you're getting rejections because you're a young adult, I disagree. A lot of young photographers can be experienced. It just depends on how early you get into the hobby and how serious you take it.

Chase
__________________
Chase Gunnoe
Railpictures.Net Crew
Rail-Videos.Net Crew
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #124
J Douglas Moore
Senior Member
 
J Douglas Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: "It's a dry heat" Arizona
Posts: 716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolksouthern View Post
Well, I am unhappy about this comment....

I am not for enjoy about "nutter butter" sound like be annoying to me...oh wait...I knew understand that everyone keep about my name about "favorite" things so I thinking guessing better need to quit stay away from "favorite" since but its still I keep runs around "favorite" on photographers because he/she photographers really very alot experience than I do. Because, I don't even how to work on photographers balance or something else.

Also, most time I always comment said word "what a beautiful" or "great shot" BECAUSE sometime I was type long comments but RP rejection my comments because those was not perfectly and poorly grammar but THEY don't know that I AM DEAF!

Also, I am young adult but its still I am unexperience on photographers because they RP always KEEP rejection my photos at all times so that somewhat I just visit them and comments that's it.

Also, yeah I already out of school and but I try doing my best work on grammar like as same to hearing peoples things because MAYBE you know that between deaf and hearing peoples grammar is so DIFFERENT...

- David
David........... Do not concern yourself with comments made, especially by those who do not know you or your circumstances. This site is meant to provide a level of enjoyment to ALL who choose to enter. Whether that involves posting photos or not, the system is designed to allow you to view, comment & favorite all you want. I truely appreciate anyone looking at my photos & I can only hope they enjoy looking at them as much as I did in capturing them.

We all, at times, have ridiculed or made fun of something/someone whom we really didnt understand or know. David, you will find, for the most part, the posters here are helpful, "stand-up" people. Don't let one thoughtless comment keep you from enjoying this site. I am sure nothing hurtful was really meant.
__________________

"Thanks for looking"

It is a proven fact that birthdays are good for you. The people with the most always live longer!

Last edited by J Douglas Moore; 06-28-2009 at 08:15 PM.
J Douglas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 AM   #125
Darryl Rule
Senior Member
 
Darryl Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 260
Default Hey David

As has already been said, don't sweat things said here. I applaud you for taking part in things despite your hearing loss. I live right outside of Philly. Maybe we can meet up somewhere along the Corridor and hang out for a day and shoot trains. Bring your camera and we'll take some shots.

Darryl
__________________
View my Railpictures Photos
Darryl Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.