Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
NSFan14

Default Help!!!!

I got a vivitar vivacam 3815 and one day i took a picture of a train and we went about 2 miles away and was gonna take another shot of the train well i went to turn it on and it just did NOT come on so i thought maybe the batteries where dead so i got some new ones before the train came thru well it still didnt come on well i changed the batteries AGAIN and it still didnt come on so does anyone know MAYBE what is wrong with my camera andwhat the estimate would be to get it fixed
Old 09-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Ru1056

Send a message via Yahoo to Ru1056

Quote:
does anyone know MAYBE what is wrong with my camera andwhat the estimate would be to get it fixed
It's broke and I don't know.

Seriously, the maker of the camera would be able to help you more than we could. Maybe you can look on the internet and find some info out or call the companies 1-800-number for help.

JREB.ORG. Moderated discussion forums about NS & CSX

Remember the ugly photo god.
Ru1056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
NSFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru1056
It's broke and I don't know.

Seriously, the maker of the camera would be able to help you more than we could. Maybe you can look on the internet and find some info out or call the companies 1-800-number for help.
Yeah i might try to get a hold of the makers but i might as well just wait and get a newer and better one for christmas thanks for your help Ru1056
Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru1056
Definitely. If the camera is still under a manufacturer's warranty, they can probably fix or replace the camera at no (or a minimal mailing) cost to you. If not, you could probably still work something out with them.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
NSFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmherndon
Definitely. If the camera is still under a manufacturer's warranty, they can probably fix or replace the camera at no (or a minimal mailing) cost to you. If not, you could probably still work something out with them.
Well its not under warranty so i might take it to the camera shop and maybe see how much it would cost to get it fixed but if i can just wait until christmas i might be able to get a new one so for now i might have to use my moms camera
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
NicTrain35

Alex,

I have a really good suggestion. If you are going to get a new camera, go with the Kodak DX6490. It has four megapixels with 10x (38-380mm zoom). I currently own it and am very happy with it. It's very simple to use and it takes beautiful photos. I think that you would also enjoy it. In new condition, I'd say they're a little over $200.

My pictures at RP:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=3955

Last edited by NicTrain35; 09-27-2006 at 10:53 PM.
NicTrain35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
NSFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicTrain35
Alex,

I have a really good suggestion. If you are going to get a new camera, go with the Kodak DX6490. It has four megapixels with 10x (38-380mm zoom). I currently own it and am very happy with it. It's very simple to use and it takes beautiful photos. I think that you would also enjoy it. In new condition, I'd say they're a little over $200.
Hey ill check that out nick it all depends on how much money my parents have at christmas time thanks for the information nick
Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #8
NicTrain35

No problem. The price could be even lower than what I said. I checked the price by doing a search on Google.

My pictures at RP:
Old 09-27-2006, 11:23 PM   #9
NSFan14

Here is the camera i want but its way out of my parent's price range

this camera
Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #10
NicTrain35

I've heard great things about that camera. The focal length is great. Several RP members have that camera and I'm sure that they're all very pleased with it.

My pictures at RP:
Old 09-27-2006, 11:40 PM   #11
NSFan14

Like i said it all depends on how much money my parent's have for christmas which if they got that for me then that would be all i want for christmas and for my birthday(feb.15) im gonna ask for a 4 wheeler(which probably wont happen)
Old 09-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #12
Joe the Photog

NSfan;

Even if it is out of warranity, call the company anyway. I had a lens go bad on me after the warranity ran out, called and explained my situation, also mentioning how much I loved the lens and their company and would like to keep doing business with them. They said mail it back, they'd look it over. Within ten days, I got the lens back fixed, good as new with a new warranity covering it.... and all I paid was the shipping to get it there. Never hurts to pick up the phone.

Joe
Old 09-28-2006, 01:51 AM   #13
NSFan14

Ok thanks joe yeah i might be able to get that camera fixed and maybe even get a new but ill try to get the number but thanks joe for the info
Old 09-28-2006, 02:09 AM   #14
Crusader

I had a Vivitar digital a few years back. I thought it was a bargain, but it turned out to be garbage...it ate up batteries like they were candy and it had a terrible shutter delay. I ended up leaving it in a rental car by accident. Happiest day of my photographic life.

Alex, have you checked out Canon's PowerShot S410 Digital Elph? Should be able to get a good price (under $200) used.

Best of luck.
-Charlie
Old 09-28-2006, 02:19 AM   #15
NSFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
I had a Vivitar digital a few years back. I thought it was a bargain, but it turned out to be garbage...it ate up batteries like they were candy and it had a terrible shutter delay. I ended up leaving it in a rental car by accident. Happiest day of my photographic life.

Alex, have you checked out Canon's PowerShot S410 Digital Elph? Should be able to get a good price (under $200) used.

Best of luck.
-Charlie
Yeah it was an alright camera but i just need something different.And thanks for the info Charlie ill check that camera out.