Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #151
Larry76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Yeah Joe - there is wee bit of irony in that shot... LOL.
Larry
Larry76 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #152
Holloran Grade
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the California Republic
Posts: 2,774
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry76 View Post
....... the first unveilings often arent designed to be a Van Gogh work of art
That is the missed opportunity.

I sit out here on the West Coast an go wow, the paint looks great, why couldn't they get a better photo of it since they control most of the variables?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry76 View Post
if Casey is so bad and doesnt know what he's doing
I don't remember Troy saying that, and "I" certainly never said that.

However, that appears to be the inference that was drawn from Troy's statements.
Holloran Grade is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #153
Larry76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Default

in time everyone will probably be sick of seeing them . Everyone out here will be scrambling to get their shots of them in service - including Casey

Larry
Larry76 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #154
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Eric Miller
My greatest revenge on being rejected by RP has been to repeatedly get my photographs and writing published in the magazines, including six covers.
And I'm sure anyone involved with RP hasn't lost one wink of sleep because of this. Fail.
__________________
Ween is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #155
Freericks
Met Fan
 
Freericks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonWolf View Post
Your all something else. You tell everyone that "its just train photos" and to "not take it serious" then go about a huge rant because Casey is getting paid for taking train photos. Oh and news flash, Ive seen horrible shots that "normal" people paid to have in tourist brochures. Ones much much worse then what RP would ever accept. Has this years CSX calender improved or is it still horrible?

Matt Sell
Hey Matt - read the entire thread before you attack an entire group. The majority of the people who you just offended actually agreed with you. Geeze.
Freericks is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #156
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
Hey Matt - read the entire thread before you attack an entire group. The majority of the people who you just offended actually agreed with you. Geeze.
Charles;

His "idea here is to give RP a big black eye."

__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #157
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Oh, look. Troy was at this event too...

Name:  Troy.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  664.6 KB
__________________

Last edited by Ween; 04-23-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Getting rid of the attachment link
Ween is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #158
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry76 View Post
He brought it on himself as far as Im concerned and Im not the least bit sympathetic. One last thing - if Casey is so bad and doesnt know what he's doing - then maybe he should take down his Roanoke 30th anniversary night shoot photos he has posted - after all it was Casey who provided the set up and lighting on behalf of the OWL museum. etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
I don't remember Troy saying that, and "I" certainly never said that.
That's because I never said anything like that, in fact quite the contrary. About the most negative thing I said about the guy is that comparing him to OWL is a stretch. If you think that is insulting to the guy, come visit me sometime and we'll talk.

Quote:
However, that appears to be the inference that was drawn from Troy's statements.
Just like there was another shooter on the grassy knoll, the new world order, "yellow cake", "obama's gonna take our guns", etc...

The point of this thread, if you actually read my comments, my main beef was with NS for apparently forcing the issue and having the pictures taken in downright crappy weather. If any of that was under Casey's control, I have no idea. Based on comments from Ron, that was out of his control. Fine, I had no idea. I'm also not going to apologize for that, or anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
Lastly, the the fact that the thread has degraded to a bash on Troy fest is predictable (the mob always turns on someone) but in this case ya'all have met your match because Mr. Nolen is neither tiny, fragile or shy.

Slinging personal attacks his way (while entertaining) will have little effect and only make the slinger look childish.
Pathetic is the word for it... absolutely pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
Oh, look. Troy was at this event too...
Stuff like this, this guy Ween appearing out from under a rock after months in hiatus (hey, can you go outside yet, or is it still -100 degrees F outside?) is ridiculous.

Last edited by troy12n; 04-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #159
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
Daniel Valentine
Troy Nolen is taking a beating. He doesn't name Chastity, but he refers to her in the negative sense. It is a wonder he doesn't get tossed for doing that.
18 hours ago
Who is Chastity and how exactly did I insult someone I dont even know? Where / when did this happen?
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #160
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

What Troy has said in this thread that is about Casey specifically, as opposed to about NS or about RP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
I hope NS isnt paying this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
Obviously not a professional photographer, but hey, they are paying him, right? If they really didnt care, they would just have "bubba, the second trick hostler who just got him a brand new iPhone" to shoot them

...

The quality of some of these shots is about on par with someone's flickr stream (no offense to some of the QUALITY flickr photostreams out there) or rrpicturearchives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
He certainly has quite a bit of flash equipment. I think comparing him to OWL is laughable. The guy is a decent enough photog, but let's not start throwing out comparisons like that.

And much later he recollects:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
That's because I never said anything like that, in fact quite the contrary. About the most negative thing I said about the guy is that comparing him to OWL is a stretch. If you think that is insulting to the guy, come visit me sometime and we'll talk.
And also:

Quote:
The point of this thread, if you actually read my comments, my main beef was with NS for apparently forcing the issue and having the pictures taken in downright crappy weather. If any of that was under Casey's control, I have no idea. Based on comments from Ron, that was out of his control. Fine, I had no idea. I'm also not going to apologize for that, or anything else.
Draw your own conclusions. Just wanted to present a clearer picture.
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #161
Holloran Grade
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the California Republic
Posts: 2,774
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
Who is Chastity and how exactly did I insult someone I dont even know? Where / when did this happen?
Apparently, that refers to Mr. Gunnoe.

And you know, everything always some how ties in to him.

It is like 8 degrees of separation or something.

I would like to thank the RAT for making his group public again - or it was for a short time.

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 04-23-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Holloran Grade is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #162
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
That is the missed opportunity.

I sit out here on the West Coast an go wow, the paint looks great, why couldn't they get a better photo of it since they control most of the variables?
At the end of the day, that was my point. It seems to have been lost on the vast majority of people here. But instead, it's a great opportunity to kick me. I certainly set myself up for it.
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #163
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
Apparently, that refers to Mr. Gunnoe.

I would like to thank the RAT for making his group public again - or it was for a short time.
And you know what, I wasnt even referring to Chase and said as such. There are plenty of people who have photos on here with fake moons, fake pans, removed poles, wires, etc, etc.

The worst part about all of this, is it feeds that moron Dan, and that WAS NOT the aim of this whole ordeal.

Last edited by troy12n; 04-23-2012 at 11:14 PM.
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #164
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
What Troy has said in this thread that is about Casey specifically, as opposed to about NS or about RP:


Quote:
Obviously not a professional photographer, but hey, they are paying him, right? If they really didnt care, they would just have "bubba, the second trick hostler who just got him a brand new iPhone" to shoot them

...

The quality of some of these shots is about on par with someone's flickr stream (no offense to some of the QUALITY flickr photostreams out there) or rrpicturearchives.
Draw your own conclusions. Just wanted to present a clearer picture.
Referring more to the conditions and image quality. I think I made that pretty clear considering I was talking about the clouds/rain/sun/conditions. Specifically "why bother hiring a professional to shoot in such lousy conditions"

Januz, you are really doing yourself a big disservice by snipping bits and pieces of my posts and presenting them like you did. I expect more from you than that. You can read the whole post of each one of those little snips he posted to get the full idea of what I was saying. Seriously, this is like the NBC edit of the George Zimmerman 911 tape.

Last edited by troy12n; 04-23-2012 at 10:56 PM.
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #165
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,800
Default

So, Troy...


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post

By the way, why not just post the frame with the lead locomotive back "about 20 feet maybe" in order to get the reflection that you faked?
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #166
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias
So, Troy...


Originally Posted by JimThias

By the way, why not just post the frame with the lead locomotive back "about 20 feet maybe" in order to get the reflection that you faked?





He's obviously on hiatus from answering this question...
__________________
Ween is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #167
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
Referring more to the conditions and image quality. I think I made that pretty clear considering I was talking about the clouds/rain/sun/conditions. Specifically "why bother hiring a professional to shoot in such lousy conditions"

Januz, you are really doing yourself a big disservice by snipping bits and pieces of my posts and presenting them like you did. I expect more from you than that. You can read the whole post of each one of those little snips he posted to get the full idea of what I was saying. Seriously, this is like the NBC edit of the George Zimmerman 911 tape.
Actually, I was trying to be fair. But one thing that I see is not clear, is that I was not trying to sum up all your posts. My intention was to present everything you said about Casey.

And that is because I have no problem with your opinions about NS. You may or may not be right, or you may or may not understand NS' motivations, I may agree or disagree, but I am not bothered by what you had to say. So I think what you said about NS is separable from what you said about Casey. So that is why I quoted as I did.

Yes you criticized Casey in the context of criticizing NS. No, I did not mischaracterize what you said about Casey. Who, by the way, I do not know or have any contact with whatsoever.
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #168
BNSF2184
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
I like that one.

I also like the use of the umbrella.

See, they can get good shots in bad weather if they want to.
I was looking at that too. Thought it was neat....
BNSF2184 is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #169
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
So, Troy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
He's obviously on hiatus from answering this question...
I posted that one because it looked better. I'm not going to sit here and answer every question asked. I owe you nothing.

What other reason, do you think there is something else? The train looked better in the scene advanced closer to me, yet I wanted the full reflection. Is it that hard to fathom?
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #170
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

So is it official?

troy12n is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #171
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
I posted that one because it looked better. I'm not going to sit here and answer every question asked. I owe you nothing.

What other reason, do you think there is something else? The train looked better in the scene advanced closer to me, yet I wanted the full reflection. Is it that hard to fathom?
So now you are questioning my fathoming abilities? Very odd.

I was simply curious as to why you just didn't post the image with the full reflection, since the nose of the locomotive was back "about 20 feet maybe."

"The train looked better in the scene advanced closer to me" would have sufficed. But of course, you owe me nothing.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #172
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
So now you are questioning my fathoming abilities? Very odd.

I was simply curious as to why you just didn't post the image with the full reflection, since the nose of the locomotive was back "about 20 feet maybe."

"The train looked better in the scene advanced closer to me" would have sufficed. But of course, you owe me nothing.
But couldnt you have just guessed that, versus demanding an answer to your question and posing it in a way to seem like I am purposely avoiding it? I guess it could have been something else like the shot was soft or OOF or something, but it wasnt.
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #173
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,899
Default

Are we sure there was even an Amtrak heritage engine on that train that day?

__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 04-24-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: forgot to add the little smiley face guy
Joe the Photog is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #174
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Are we sure there was even an Amtrak heritage engine on that train that day?

Damn, you got me again
troy12n is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #175
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
But couldnt you have just guessed that, versus demanding an answer to your question and posing it in a way to seem like I am purposely avoiding it?
Demanding? How was my inquiry anything like a demand? I was simply curious.

And I posed it in a way that I figured you missed it due to all the other crap you were already dealing with in this thread.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.