you people need to lighten up
Old 05-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #27
Holloran Grade
Banned

Exclamation Steven has balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california_railfan View Post
Ben,

No matter how many times he is told, I don't think he gets it.

Steven,

I know you have buddies on here, I know I used to be one of them, until you "shockingly" removed me from your Facebook friends list... I don't know how I will bounce back from that (that's pure sarcasm incase you didn't catch it).
...[omitted]...
Its ok, you can kick Steven in the balls next time you see him - or, you can ask me to do it.

I think the whole Facebook thing is comedy.

Here is a hint, if you feel spurned because someone removed you from their friends list I have but one thing to say......

Grow up.

Oh BTW, I am not defending Steven (he is a big boy) I just agree with Troy.

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 05-08-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #28
coborn35

What do you mean "you people"? :O
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG

Last edited by coborn35; 05-08-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #29
coborn35

You know Ryan, personally I think you need to stop with the rumor mongering. I have heard many things about many people, but those never serve well in an argument.
Also, who cares what photos people post on RP? Its not a contest, unless of course, it really is a photo contest . Not all of us take it as seriously as some people, such as creating accounts on Trains.com just to whore their photos while contributing nothing else to the forum. Some people like to shoot power, some scenes, some action figures with trains et cetera. Point is, its a hobby, so stop taking RP and Facebook so damn seriously.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
Old 05-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #30
california_railfan

Send a message via AIM to california_railfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
Here is a hint, if you feel spurned because someone removed you from their friends list I have but one thing to say......

Grow up.

Oh BTW, I am not defending Steven (he is a big boy) I just agree with Troy.
I couldn't care less about the facebook de-friending. To me that is not an issue, it is strictly comedy. The issue I have with Welch, is his "Holier than thou" approach to others. If others reading this post haven't figured that out, they need to go back and revisit the posts.

This is yet another case of someone needing to think critically before jumping into something they are not prepared for...

My Railpictures.Net Portfolio!

Or

To view my website, click here: Dadgari Photography
Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #31
california_railfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
You know Ryan, personally I think you need to stop with the rumor mongering. I have heard many things about many people, but those never serve well in an argument.
Also, who cares what photos people post on RP? Its not a contest, unless of course, it really is a photo contest . Not all of us take it as seriously as some people, such as creating accounts on Trains.com just to whore their photos while contributing nothing else to the forum. Some people like to shoot power, some scenes, some action figures with trains et cetera. Point is, its a hobby, so stop taking RP and Facebook so damn seriously.
Nothiong stated in any of my messages is rumor. I try to stick with facts, it's easier that way.

Trust me, RP is specifically for the sharing and enjoyment of my work and others' work. Just as Trains.com, Trainorders.com, Altamont press.com, and many other sites are for sharing and enjoyment. If you knew anything about me you would know that facebook in my opinion is a joke. I enjoy my hobby, but I also know that the hobby I enjoy would be much more enjoyable without the people who make Rails and railroads frown upon the railfan community.

Why is it that people say that linking their photos to other sites = whoring their photos out? Is this a competition? You just said it wasn't, so why would you bring this up? The reason my photos are linked to other sites is simply because I don't think I need to have my images on 20 different sites when RP works perfectly well for that. You can call it what you want, but I call it efficiency. As for contributing to other boards, I contribute when I see subjects that interest me, or subjects that I feel I am knowledgeable enough to contribute to. Otherwise, I would be like so many other arm chair railfans who spew junk information and useless "theories" of why the railroad is doing this or that. I prefer to get my info directly from people who are in the know. It eliminates the railfan BS factor.

Or

Last edited by california_railfan; 05-08-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #32
coborn35

Well I dont know you naturally all I have to go by is this forum. Im sure you are a fine guy, as most people are off line lol
Old 05-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #33
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking He he.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about the facebook de-friending. To me that is not an issue, it is strictly comedy.
You brought it up, so it must matter some.

Quote:
The issue I have with Welch, is his "Holier than thou" approach to others. If others reading this post haven't figured that out, they need to go back and revisit the posts.
Steven clearly enjoys yanking your chain, and others chains so take it for what it is - BFD?

Quote:
This is yet another case of someone needing to think critically before jumping into something they are not prepared for...
Who cares if Welchie becomes the worlds best, or worst rail, I think that is his problem.

And you know, I am yanking your chain too because it is fun.

I don't really care one way or the other what happens.

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 05-08-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #34
california_railfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
Well I dont know you naturally all I have to go by is this forum. Im sure you are a fine guy, as most people are off line lol
If by that you mean I don't intentionally burn bridges with friends or acquaintances, then yes, I consider myself a "fine guy".

Or

Last edited by california_railfan; 05-08-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #35
california_railfan

Quote:
You brought it up, so it must matter some..
It was brought up to show how comical people have become and how poorly they act both in person and via technology.

Quote:
Steven clearly enjoys yanking your chain, and others chains so take it for what it is - BFD?
Steven doesn't get under my skin, I just wish he had better friends or role models that he could learn from. Hopefully he is keeping and open mind and learning from his boss/roommate Drew (a swell guy, photog, and friend). If not, as previously stated, I wish him the best of luck in his future.

Quote:
Who cares if Welchie becomes the worlds best, or worst rail, I think that is his problem.

And you know, I am yanking your chain too because it is fun.

I don't really care one way or the other what happens.

You got me there, because it doesn't really matter, so wank...oops I mean yank away.

Or

Old 05-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #36
AntD.

Thumbs up

I just thought I would like to take the time to get this off my chest....

I think Anthony Davis shots suck....

But, on another note referring to the OP:

I suppose I'm glad I'm the only RPer in my area so I don't have to deal with this sort of issue. The fact that the same exact shot is already in the DB just makes it unappealing to some (like me). I guess it's because that train and its 'special' load has been flooded in the DB by many contributors as it is. I'd just RRPA it or something Ian honestly...

My RP Photos

My Flickr Photos

My RRPA Photos

YouTube Videos
Old 05-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #37
AntD.

Quote:
I know you have buddies on here, I know I used to be one of them, until you "shockingly" removed me from your Facebook friends list... I don't know how I will bounce back from that (that's pure sarcasm incase you didn't catch it).
Ah, I know the feeling , I had to LMAO for a good while and still do about it! Just goes to show some people take the smallest things too serious and need some ..... in their lives.

My RP Photos

My Flickr Photos

My RRPA Photos

YouTube Videos
Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #38
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

This is entertaining. Please continue.

Thank you.
Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Old 05-09-2011, 04:40 AM   #39
NathanAirChime

Lightbulb Hello...1-800- Drama-Line

Ahh the RP drama continues on... and it gets better when the contributors add even more & more DRAMA ... in the comments section on their pics... it really is about competition . I have seen and heard it all first hand more than once. The same people that complain about others whoring out photos have absolutlely no problem whoring out their own on the same web sites / groups... as they thump on their chest while looking at their prized RP accepted treasure. Seriously if its not competion then why add all the whore links as soon as the photos are uploaded to the RP DB... why not wait a week or month & let the photos earn there own true merits... before whoring them out? Please give me the drama reasons and let them flow as to why one must add the links to these sites right away if its not competion or wanting to see there pic on page one even if it doesnt deserve to be there or get there on its own merits

TM
Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 AM   #40
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanairchime View Post
ahh the rp drama continues on... And it gets better when the contributors add even more & more drama ... In the comments section on their pics... It really is about competition . I have seen and heard it all first hand more than once. The same people that complain about others whoring out photos have absolutlely no problem whoring out their own on the same web sites / groups... As they thump on their chest while looking at their prized rp accepted treasure. Seriously if its not competion then why add all the whore links as soon as the photos are uploaded to the rp db... Why not wait a week or month & let the photos earn there own true merits... Before whoring them out? Please give me the drama reasons and let them flow as to why one must add the links to these sites right away if its not competion or wanting to see there pic on page one even if it doesnt deserve to be there or get there on its own merits

tm

yyyyyyaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnn!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #41
Watain
-_-

Send a message via MSN to Watain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanAirChime View Post
Ahh the RP drama continues on... and it gets better when the contributors add even more & more DRAMA ... in the comments section on their pics... it really is about competition . I have seen and heard it all first hand more than once. The same people that complain about others whoring out photos have absolutlely no problem whoring out their own on the same web sites / groups... as they thump on their chest while looking at their prized RP accepted treasure. Seriously if its not competion then why add all the whore links as soon as the photos are uploaded to the RP DB... why not wait a week or month & let the photos earn there own true merits... before whoring them out? Please give me the drama reasons and let them flow as to why one must add the links to these sites right away if its not competion or wanting to see there pic on page one even if it doesnt deserve to be there or get there on its own merits

TM

Cool story bro.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #42
J. E. Landrum
RailPictures.Net Crew

It's not drama, it's a soap opera! "As The Foam Bubbles" brought to you by Dawn. "Dawn Cuts Grease Out of Your Way" Today on "As The Foam Bubbles", Steven Welch gets dissed, Chase is chastised for some pic, another forum member wonders what the hell a "PEQ" is, and the screeners are declared drunken lunatics by someone. Now, we turn to these important messages.......
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #43
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. E. Landrum View Post
It's not drama, it's a soap opera! "As The Foam Bubbles" brought to you by Dawn. "Dawn Cuts Grease Out of Your Way" Today on "As The Foam Bubbles", Steven Welch gets dissed, Chase is chastised for some pic, another forum member wonders what the hell a "PEQ" is, and the screeners are declared drunken lunatics by someone. Now, we turn to these important messages.......
With these troublesome economic times, this network relies primarily on commercials and various advertisements.. That said, I'd like to take a moment to thank our following sponsors..

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #44
magicman_841

LOL Chase, thanks for the laugh, man.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #45
troy12n
Banned

Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #46
bigbassloyd

So is there a list of people who are allowed to give criticism?

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
Old 05-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #47
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
So is there a list of people who are allowed to give criticism?

Loyd L.
Since you don't know, obviously you are not on it.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
Old 05-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #48
asis80

Send a message via AIM to asis80

Kudos to chase. I wonder if the RP minded contributors would go ape shit if this site went down for good. I certainly wouldn't care. Not gonna happen, but it'd be pretty sweet if you ask me. The competion needs to end, the bashing of others needs to stop, lurkers who comment only to fuel the fire needs to stop and we all need to get back to trains! I haven't asked this in a long time and its mainly heated towards the younger folk......would you still be watching trains if there were no RP? I know I would, even if it were a weekend trip or day trip which I often do and was being referenced too in mr. Mugnanos previous thread comment.

Ben
Old 05-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #49
oltmannd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase55671 View Post
With these troublesome economic times, this network relies primarily on commercials and various advertisements.. That said, I'd like to take a moment to thank our following sponsors..

Chase
Does this stuff work on trolls?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #50
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by asis80 View Post
I wonder if the RP minded contributors would go ape shit if this site went down for good. Ben
Anyone who shoots to please somebody else (unless it's for a paying client) is a complete, and utter photographical 'tard.

There, I said it. Bring the hate!

LPL

My personal photography site
Closed Thread