Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Kyle Korienek

Default Just Out Of Curiousity...

Since I am a firm believer in consistently pushing the paradigm of what is accepted on RP (even though I have only done it once), I believe the best way to do this is to post a "different" photo here and refine it with help from the community and then submit to "wow" the screeners and lessen any PEQ chances and lingering bias in any potential later submissions.

I shot this last night and am slightly curious what the community thinks with regards to whether this is an RP thing or if it is just something that I should not pursue.

Every night, this man comes to the station since it is an unmanned station, he opens it up for people to wait in that are going to drive people home, and unlocks the gate for Amtrak passengers so they can return to their vehicles after returning from their trip. It is a human interest aspect of railroading that makes the amtrak station function.

I know some people won't like it, that's fine... I won't get sad over it, but ideas for possible improvement is desired. Thanks are given to all those that help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2179.jpg (890.3 KB, 108 views)

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

"I don't do this to make money or to please anyone, you people are too difficult to please and too cheap to buy my crap."

Last edited by Kyle Korienek; 12-30-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Kyle Korienek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Ween

Not really looking like an RP thing. The man is too far away and the picnic table is awkwardly cropped out of the frame.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
JimThias

Make sure to drag the picnic table out of the frame next time.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
skyliner

Default Curiosity

Re the picnic table, if it's possible to move it out of the way, I'd do that. But don't lose the Christmas tree in the window on account of the table, if it can't be moved! Might consider cropping some of the picture at the right, and maybe also shoot from a little further right, at a shallower angle, if possible. A nice shot, in any case!

George
skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
Kyle Korienek

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner View Post
Re the picnic table, if it's possible to move it out of the way, I'd do that. But don't lose the Christmas tree in the window on account of the table, if it can't be moved! Might consider cropping some of the picture at the right, and maybe also shoot from a little further right, at a shallower angle, if possible. A nice shot, in any case!

George
I would like to keep the tree, odds are the next time I am able to shoot this scene, it will be gone. But I like your idea of shooting farther right. My intention was to have him with more passengers standing out there, but there were no other people waiting out there, typically, there are a lot more (my luck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Make sure to drag the picnic table out of the frame next time.
They chained the damn thing down a couple summers ago because of people either stealing or doing exactly what you described... They just don't get photography...

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

"I don't do this to make money or to please anyone, you people are too difficult to please and too cheap to buy my crap."
Kyle Korienek is offline   Reply With Quote