Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
crazytiger

Default Thanks to Y'all!

After getting my first award yesterday, (and the first one in South Carolina, mind you), I really just wanted to say thanks to everybody for helping me improve dramatically over my almost two years contributing.

It started for me when in late March of '09, I stumbled on RP looking for train pictures for something I was doing for school. Through Google I found the link to all the BNSF shots on RP. Then I went to the main page and saw the others. I was enamored. I decided I wanted to take some shots too. Being the n00b that I was, I posted on these forums asking for a "Schedule" for the freight trains in my area. (Fail).

I was then given an idea for what railfanning was and I was on board (no pun intended). I took my P&S and went trackside. Here's one of my first rail pictures. Yeah, crap.

Anyway, it took me a few months to figure out basic lighting and a few more to figure out basic composition. By this time last year, I had it figured out, I was just waiting to get a train in good light. That happened in June and on 6/8/10, I got my first picture on RP.

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

I soon moved up from wedgies to more interesting shots, all the while trying to soak up as much as I could. Now, 33 pictures later: A Screener's Choice???

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Thanks all. This site and the forum members have changed me from a foamer to a railfan to a rail photographer. I have learned so much and I am very thankful for what I have learned.

PFL
crazytiger is offline   Reply With Quote