Old 09-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
asis80

Send a message via AIM to asis80
Default Keystone Sub...or Pittsburgh Sub?

Anyone around the area or whoever knows, why lately have they've been calling the railroad from Sinns to Connellsville the Pittsburgh Sub? I have a fairly updated timetable for the Keystone and Pittsburgh, and as everyone knows Sinns is where they switch the Subdivisions over and the Keystone goes from Connellsville all the way up to Sinns. Everything's goverened by the BA, both Pittsburgh and Keystone. So what would it have mattered if they didn't combine it all into the Pittsburgh instead of keeping the Keystone the way it is from Connellsville to Sinns? Not a problem, just curious.

Ben
Old 09-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
ssw9662

Early this year they changed the dispatcher desks around so that the BA (former AS) dispatcher controls all the way east to Casparis (east side of Connellsville). Before that the division point between the BA and the BB (former CM) desks was at Sinns. I'm not sure if they renamed the subdivisions because of this, but it at least helps to explain why they would call it the Pittsburgh Sub over the scanner.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr
ssw9662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
asis80

Send a message via AIM to asis80

Ah! That explains a lot. I guess it makes it "easier" just to distinguish subs. Before all this went down BA (AS) had Pittsburgh, Mon, and a quarter of the Keystone from Sinns to Casparis. Still does, just a name change. So now the Pittsburgh Sub runs from New Castle to Casparis, wow. Makes sense though, why control a third of the Keystone when your limits are at Casparis anyways? It's CSX, no one will ever know why. hahahahaha, so the question is. Is this official now I guess? When I shoot the now Pittsburgh Sub, I can't call it the Keystone anymore in the location? haha, I'll just get used to it all over again.

Ben