Old 04-10-2006, 03:26 AM   #1
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net

Default Anyone shoot with a Kodak Z650?

This camera just came out this year, I'm still on a camera search and this looks to be a good camera with 6.1MP and 10X optical zoom, those are some key features I really would like in my next camera. I just wanted to see if anyone here shoots with one?
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
Christopher Muller

John, while my primary camera is the Digital Rebel, my back up camera is a Kodak DX7590 with 5mpxls and 10x optical zoom. The camera was a very good camera until I broke the jog dial on it. No doubt in my mind I would still be using it if it weren't for that very reason. The camera was really good. The only thing I noticed, the more (optical) zoom you used, the softer the photo would be. With the camera you are looking at has 1,000,000 more pixels, so that should eliminate the softenss issue. For the most part, with the exception of the SLR feature, the Kodak cameras are adequate (IMO) for the average to advanced photographer.

All of my photos pre-February 8th, 2006 are with the Kodak.
Christopher Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net

Thanks for the information Chris. Anyone else shoot (or used to shoot) with Kodak or the Z650?
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
CNW4404

Send a message via AIM to CNW4404

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fladung
Thanks for the information Chris. Anyone else shoot (or used to shoot) with Kodak or the Z650?
I used to shoot Kodak (LS753, DX6440, and LS443) and didn't find many problems with them until it came to low-light or extremely dark overcast days. The camera just didn't like to set a fast enough shutter speed (I didn't take time to figure out manual mode in the DX6440 and the other two didn't have it). Upping the ISO helped but created a lot of grainy photos, and long-term exposures at night were also very noisy.

The Z640 looks to be a step above a regular "consumer" camera and I'd guess that it is a bit more refined than the cameras I used (especially being that it's a year newer). If you take most of your shots on sunny (at least partly sunny) days I'm sure it'll be perfect.