Old 07-07-2005, 02:25 AM   #51
busyEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
So you're also saying people shouldn't ask questions about rejections?

No. I haven't earned senior status, here in the forums, by accident. I have, and will continue to, post questions regarding my photo rejection. I have even used the polling feature once or twice.

What I meant, was that Robert wrote well crafted and polite responses to your posts. Clear and concise makes a good Public Relations rep. That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
Oh yeah, fix your sarcasm detection meter, it's broken.
Sarcasm doesn't really translate well to writing, let alone fluid communications like the forums, and with folks who don't know you.

To tell you the truth, your comments regarding his knowledge didn't read with sarcasm; Robert's replies in response did.

As 1056 pointed out, your entries have a slant of taking rejections personal. As it has been pointed out in the last week, it is pointless to urge the site's staff to conform to your desires. Instead of making flippant comments in response to those trying to help, and taking an administrator's post to the extreme, read and apply what has been offered.

(Now I am going 10-58 trying to follow this thread.)

Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics!

Last edited by busyEMT; 07-07-2005 at 02:31 AM.
busyEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:31 AM   #52
Wyn

Sorry, he might have not ment it that way, but I sure took it that way. I'm not taking this thread personal, you're right, this is a free site, I don't make a living off my photos.
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 AM   #53
Wyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyEMT
No. I haven't earned senior status, here in the forums, by accident. I have, and will continue to, post questions regarding my photo rejection. I have even used the polling feature once or twice.

What I meant, was that Robert wrote well crafted and polite responses to your posts. Clear and concise makes a good Public Relations rep. That is all.

Sarcasm doesn't really translate well to writing, let alone fluid communications like the forums, and with folks who don't know you.

To tell you the truth, your comments regarding his knowledge didn't read with sarcasm; Robert's replies in response did.

As 1056 pointed out, your entries have a slant of taking rejections personal. As it has been pointed out in the last week, it is pointless to urge the site's staff to conform to your desires. Instead of making flippant comments in response to those trying to help, and taking an administrator's post to the extreme, read and apply what has been offered.

(Now I am going 10-58 trying to follow this thread.)
I'm not taking this personal, I just want some answers. It's frustration showing through, that's all. I don't want anything to conform to my desires, it's not my web site and I'm a guest here, but it would seem reasonable that there be some standards for acceptance or rejection that can be depended on, published somewhere, with examples.

I'm new at this so I don't even know where to begin to guess as to why something got rejected, especially when I don't get rejection e-mails so I can't even post the rejection photo here and say, "Bad angle", what do you guys think?

Last edited by Wyn; 07-07-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:59 AM   #54
busyEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
I'm new at this so I don't even know where to begin to guess as to why something got rejected, especially when I don't get rejection e-mails so I can't even post the rejection photo here and say, "Bad angle", what do you guys think?

Maybe you need to register a throw-away Yahoo! or similar email address and update your profile here? Just a thought, I don't know if that has been suggested yet.

Most of us have been there: submit a photo, correct the rejection causing reason only to have it rejected for a completely different reason (unfortunately you haven't seen why, Wyn). Any way, it sounds like you need to correct your email problem before you can work on your photos.

Good luck.

Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics!
busyEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 AM   #55
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:38 AM   #56
trainmonster

trainmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:54 AM   #57
FullService

Now thats funny right there, I dont care who you are!
FullService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #58
Wyn

Real funny, beating a dead horse. Guess I forgot to laugh. You guys get rejection e-mails or do you have to guess?

How bout some help from the mods as to my e-mail problem?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #59
Ru1056

Send a message via Yahoo to Ru1056

@ Rich and Caleb.

JREB.ORG. Moderated discussion forums about NS & CSX

Remember the ugly photo god.
Ru1056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #60
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
Real funny, beating a dead horse. Guess I forgot to laugh. You guys get rejection e-mails or do you have to guess?

How bout some help from the mods as to my e-mail problem?
You are taking things waaaay too seriously!

I can't help you with your e-mail problem. The e-mails are being sent from our end. Why you aren't receiving them is your problem.

It's obvious that nothing anyone says to you is going to affect your thinking. You are obviously here to stir the pot, and solely to complain. With that in mind, please feel free to enjoy a two week ban, courtesy of myself.

Maybe you'll receive the e-mail about that.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote