Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #151
Holloran Grade
Banned

Exclamation Sacto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
In the two years I lived in Sacramento I absolutely loved it. I have missed that place every day for the past 20 years since I lived there last. Going back there for two different vacations in '09 just made me miss it even more.
It is fascinating that you want to live in Sacto.

You know the reason why they made it the state capitol right?

Well no one wanted to live there and the land was cheap and there were no political agendas to putting the state government there because it was the desert.

However, if you are into water skiing and inland boating and fishing like people do in WI, Il and SC then delta life would probably suit you well.

Summer is a drag though.

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 02-04-2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: I was corrected in my misuse of the word "capital."
Holloran Grade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #152
troy12n
Banned

I would CONSIDER living there if it was not for the high housing prices (even post-bust), ridiculous taxes, high crime, high utilities costs.

Too much baggage. Maybe my opinion would change if I actually lived there for a while though.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #153
Holloran Grade
Banned

Wink Na, stay in Florida.

The gun laws there are way better.

California sucks if you want to carry a gun around.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #154
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post

So you mean to tell me that there is no way to defend myself from the crazy Fullerton platform whores?

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #155
crazytiger

Quote:

C'mon, we all know California allows open carry.

Canon EOS 40D
Canon EF 50 f/1.8 II
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM
Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Friend
everytime i see non-train photos of yours i think, "so much talent. wasted on trains."
crazytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #156
Holloran Grade
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytiger View Post
C'mon, we all know California allows open carry.
Florida allows loaded open carry without a permit and loaded concealed after getting a permit.

To get the permit you take a class and pay the fee.

Also you can carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle in Florida which is not allowed at all in California - loaded, or unloaded.

In CA weapons must be unloaded and in a locked container and you need to be on your way somewhere, not just driving around.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #157
lock4244

In Canada if you want to take your handgun (if your allowed to own one at all) from home to the shooting range, you have get permission from the Gov't.

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #158
bigbassloyd

Retarded laws, if I do say so myself.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #159
Holloran Grade
Banned

Exclamation We like our free speech and our guns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock4244 View Post
In Canada if you want to take your handgun (if your allowed to own one at all) from home to the shooting range, you have get permission from the Gov't.
Well, it is pretty evident from the U.S. Constitution what pissed off the colonists when they left England.

Big on that list was the monarchy, free speech and guns.

It is no accident that free speech and guns are numbers one and two on the list of amendments.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #160
AntD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock4244 View Post
How about Watts or Inglewood? I ate lunch in Inglewood once... I won't do that again, ever. I'd never seen an abandoned mall before that day...
Well, here in 'Dis'gusta, Georgia, we have an abandoned mall, was the largest mall in the Southeast or in Georgia at one time. As of late it seems like the city is going to hell. Heck, I got robbed at gunpoint back in December. Not fun I tell ya, but I guess it gives me more street cred. to go to time exposures in East St. Louis!

My RP Photos

My Flickr Photos

My RRPA Photos

YouTube Videos
AntD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #161
JimThias

Quote:
It is fascinating that you want to live in Sacto.

You know the reason why they made it the state capitol right?

Well no one wanted to live there and the land was cheap and there were no political agendas to putting the state government there because it was the desert.

However, if you are into water skiing and inland boating and fishing like people do in WI, Il and SC then delta life would probably suit you well.

Summer is a drag though.
The Sacramento area is pretty much the only spot in the state that I'd ever consider living. 1.5-2 hours from San Fran and the ocean in one direction, less than an hour from the mountains and snow in the other. Yeah, the temp in the summer can get hot, but I'd rather have 100 and dry heat any day over 90 and humid that we get here in Michigan. I loved both summers I lived there and wasn't bothered by the heat at all. Plus, when I lived there, the cost of living was quite average when compared to where I have lived in Michigan. That is something that really appealed to me. I really like downtown Sac (probably because of the trees) and Old Town kicks ass. I'm more partial to the Roseville area though, not only because I used to work there, but because my brother and his family live there as well. If I didn't have things holding me back here in Michigan, I wouldn't think twice about moving there again. There is no other city in this country (outside of Michigan) that I am more familiar with. I consider it my second home.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #162
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Well, it is pretty evident from the U.S. Constitution what pissed off the colonists when they left England.

Big on that list was the monarchy, free speech and guns.

It is no accident that free speech and guns are numbers one and two on the list of amendments.
The Bill of Rights was the third "adjustment" to our governing mission statement. It came after the Articles of Confederacy and the Constitution (which replaced the Articles).

The other issue here is that none of the Founding Fathers came from England. Now, they were most certainly of English ancestry, and they were born English subjects, but they were all from the Colonies (and the West Indies, which were also colonies, just not ones that became part of the USA). The Pilgrims came here for freedom of religion, yes, but that was for freedom to practice their religion, not for freedom for everyone. My 14 greats grandfather was the religious leader of the Pilgrims, William Brewster.

The right to bear arms comes from the English Bill of Rights itself, which was more than a hundred years earlier... moreover, even then, it was not giving a right, but rather re-stating it.

Last edited by Freericks; 02-03-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #163
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb Lets not forget one little thing Charles.....

For part of the time that our "governing mission statement" was in effect, this was England.

These folks really had balls cause if things ended up badly, they would all get hung.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #164
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
For part of the time that our "governing mission statement" was in effect, this was England.

These folks really had balls cause if things ended up badly, they would all get hung.
Which would have resulted in my not being here...

The Magna Carta was not a bad "governing mission statement" itself. The prevailing issue of King George (who was teetering on insanity) and taxation without representation were what led to the Revolution.

I have no complaints regarding the Bill of Rights... and think it is perfect as it is... I just think we need to look at these things in their proper context.

Had the Colonies had true representatives in the House of Commons and the House of Lords and had the King been reasonable, would they have turned against the mother country? Probably not.

Was the Bill of Rights written to refute the English manner of government? Hardly, it seems to copy it in many ways.

Was the Bill of Rights written to clarify what the nascent country's leaders wanted to ensure would never be taken away as instructions to those who would succeed them? Most likely.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #165
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Florida allows loaded open carry without a permit and loaded concealed after getting a permit.

Also you can carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle in Florida which is not allowed at all in California - loaded, or unloaded.
Florida actually does not allow open carry by anyone except for law enforcement and licensed security guards. We used to have open carry up until the mid 80's.

You can carry a loaded weapon in a car, but there are several stipulations.

Even if you have a concealed carry permit, a loaded pistol cannot be on your person. It has to be at least "2 steps" removed. IE: in a holster, in your glove box, or in a holster and inside a tupperware container, etc.

If the weapon is a rifle or shotgun, it can be loaded, does not need to be concealed or be 2 steps away. IE: it can be on a gun rack or on your seat, etc.

Last edited by troy12n; 02-03-2011 at 08:29 PM.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #166
khalucha

Quote:

To get the permit you take a class and pay the fee.

In CA weapons must be unloaded and in a locked container and you need to be on your way somewhere, not just driving around.
Arizona used to be the same way. Now they changed the law to carry concealed WITHOUT a permit. Still the Wild, Wild West out here.

Webshot Photos

flickr stuff
khalucha is offline   Reply With Quote