Old 11-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Daniel MINACA

Angry Too dark and time process !

Yesterday rejections for "Too dark" reason...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...07&key=1246762
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...06&key=7807897

What is incredible is that I was in front of my PC when screener have proceed (with permanently F5 key pressed) and 8 pictures was in the queue; The treatment of queue was proceed during less as 3 seconds !
Result of this session: 2 pictures accepted on the 8 queued !

So my questions are:
- Does 3 seconds to get an opinion on 8 pictures are enough ?
- Is there really someone who's viewing the queue ?

See you...
Old 11-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
SAR Connecta

Like the first one and I'm sure you could make adjustments for acceptance. Looks a beautiful train too! Is the lead unit missing some sort of nose cone?

My Railpictures.Net photos can be found here http://www.railpictures.net/sarconnecta/.
SAR Connecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR Connecta View Post
Like the first one and I'm sure you could make adjustments for acceptance. Looks a beautiful train too! Is the lead unit missing some sort of nose cone?
Just guess!!! it is some type of commuter train(Paris area), ie double deck and folding entrance doors so not high speed as such with nose cone.

My own experience with too dark is some can be adjusted and other times it can be just a generic rejection and nothing can be done and followups are worse. Does get me into trouble as I tend to be persistent.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
miningcamper1

I would boost the highlights while taking care not to make these look like daytime photos.

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
Daniel MINACA

Thanks for opinions, however I've make same treatment as other already accepted and in addition, the field "night shot" was well filled, so no doubt about night shot !
Anyway, I think that at this moment working screener have no time to check queued pictures...
Old 11-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #6
RobJor

I am not enough of a techie to know but I am not sure what you see in terms of time sequence is exactly what is occurring on the other end or that it was not batched. There is just a lot of "stuff" going on in transmissions and variables on both ends. When I have observed the que winding down, it seemed to do so in an orderly fashion.

My take???
I am OK with the first one as is but do note what I am guessing is white appears more as a grey, around 190. The problem is the station lights and train lights are already blowing out. When I ran it through the RAW converter on Auto exposure it upped the overall exposure and dragged down the highlights giving a flat image. I adjusted from there and ended up with something with more pop. That may not be what you or I prefer or even "better" but the site seems to prefer brighter and it is a well lit station platform.

Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 11-19-2018 at 10:47 PM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:27 AM   #7
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel MINACA View Post
- Is there really someone who's viewing the queue ?

No. All French photos are automatically rejected.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #8
Daniel MINACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
Finally a dialog with an admin ! Chris, don't take my question like that !
You exactly know what I mean, I don't think that 3 or 4 seconds are enough to have an objective opinion on 8 queued pictures and sometimes it reminds like an automatic treatment of queued pictures.
I don't talk especially because I have 2 rejected pictures in this treatment but in general...
Anyway I'm already banned of appeal function and there is never a possible dialog with admins even in pictures submission comments.
Without controversy, what is clear is that there is some differences of treatment who we are...
...Not especially with French contributors !
It's annoying to see that a picture is rejected with a reason while others more popular members have the same type of photo systematically accepted and especially with backlit or night/dark pictures.
It does not promote creativity and diversity...
I know there will be no dialog to this post... but at least it says.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
JimThias

Quote:

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #10
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel MINACA View Post
Finally a dialog with an admin ! Chris, don't take my question like that !
You exactly know what I mean, I don't think that 3 or 4 seconds are enough to have an objective opinion on 8 queued pictures and sometimes it reminds like an automatic treatment of queued pictures.
I don't talk especially because I have 2 rejected pictures in this treatment but in general...
Anyway I'm already banned of appeal function and there is never a possible dialog with admins even in pictures submission comments.
Without controversy, what is clear is that there is some differences of treatment who we are...
...Not especially with French contributors !
It's annoying to see that a picture is rejected with a reason while others more popular members have the same type of photo systematically accepted and especially with backlit or night/dark pictures.
It does not promote creativity and diversity...
I know there will be no dialog to this post... but at least it says.

Nothing I say is going to change your opinion that there's some sort of intentionally applied favoritism going on. I've been down this road a hundred times with the same 3 or 4 contributors and I really don't know what's left to be said.

As far as screening speed goes, there is no way those 8 photos were screened as fast as you claim they were unless all 6 of us were screening at the same time (which is possible I suppose). I'll admit that, having screened 462,293 images since we started recording those stats in 2005, I can knock 'em out pretty fast - but the server isn't even fast enough to maintain the pace you're claiming if only one person was screening.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:37 AM   #11
MassArt Images

Quote:
Especially since Macron dissed Trump over his nationalist comments.

My RP pics are HERE

My website is HERE
MassArt Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #12
Daniel SIMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassArt Images View Post
Especially since Macron dissed Trump over his nationalist comments.
I did not vote for Macron, so please do not automaticaly reject my pictures .... :lol
Daniel SIMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:22 PM   #13
Daniel MINACA

Chris, thanks for your reply;

Quote:
Nothing I say is going to change your opinion that there's some sort of intentionally applied favoritism going on. I've been down this road a hundred times with the same 3 or 4 contributors and I really don't know what's left to be said.
I know that you have this subject remaining several times. But very precisely, following exchanges with these contributors I'm sure that some photos that would have been rejected in "normal times" are now seen "two times" and more accepted (especially backlit).
Just an example; which image (voluntarily resized and anonymized) have been rejected for backlit?
There is no differences between both pictures regarding the sunlight phase ?
But one of them was still rejected for backlit...
Click image for larger version

Name:	RejectedExample.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	9673
I'm not saying that these are "preferential rights" (I Don't know the right term in English ) but there is simply more attention in the screening queue for them now.

Same remarks with "cloudy" reason... I'm not considering that a cloudy picture is a systematic poor picture, photographers don't choice weather when shooting mostly when a special train is scheduled long time before!

I really think that RP rules must evolve regarding backlit and cloudy shots but it's another subject!

Quote:
As far as screening speed goes, there is no way those 8 photos were screened as fast as you claim they were unless all 6 of us were screening at the same time (which is possible I suppose). I'll admit that, having screened 462,293 images since we started recording those stats in 2005, I can knock 'em out pretty fast - but the server isn't even fast enough to maintain the pace you're claiming if only one person was screening.
Maybe something was wrong on the process or on the server this day; Possible too that the displayed counters in member section are not real time !
But I was hallucinated during these 3 seconds, I did not have the time (*) to press more than 4 times on the refresh key (F5) while the counter of queued pictures was displayed from 8 to 0 photos... so I was crazy to see that especially because I had 2 pictures in the queue which were also rejected for "to dark" reason (really?) while it's specified "night shots"

*I have chance to have a very fast Internet connection (It's my job ) and I reach from France the Dallas RP server with less as 45 ms!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #14
ShortlinesUSA

Neither of these shots are your best. Regardless of the content, there are distracting foreground obstructions in both and looking at the surrounding area, much better composition was possible. If that's where the photo line set up, it wasn't well thought out.

I'm not a screener here, but if I were, I would have hit the big R on these whether they were taken in France, Australia, or the United States by anyone from the newest contributor to Chris Kilroy, and regardless of what was powering the train. Yes, the noses are slightly shadowed, but this is far from the biggest problem both of these photos have.

Shortline and Regional RR forum moderator
ShortlinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote