Old 07-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default HIGH SUN?!? Serously WTF?

WTF is wrong with this website and its screeners? This shot was like 3 in the afternoon, and I can pick out various others that were accepted in the past week with ACTUAL high sun and much worse lighting.

Which I will pick out and post, this is ridicoulous.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...key=1215662355
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

High Sun, overexposed, washed out, GIVE ME A BREAK.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...=289469&nseq=7
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:51 AM   #3
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Heres the clincher, practically DIRECT OVERHEAD sunlight, but hey its accepted.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...89339&nseq=139
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:51 AM   #4
John Ryan
Senior Member
 
John Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 497
Send a message via AIM to John Ryan
Default

Yawn .... Next, please!
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
ottergoose
American Gunzel
 
ottergoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 1,626
Send a message via AIM to ottergoose Send a message via Yahoo to ottergoose
Default

Yep, take the high road and point out other shots that are worse than yours. No point in using the appeal feature or acting like an adult or anything.
__________________
Nick Benson | Pictures | Website | Flickr | Profile | JetPhotos | Twitter
ottergoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #6
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
Yawn .... Next, please!
Yea, next please bc you know I'm right, go ahead and try to argue EITHER of those comparison shots, absolutely ridicoulous.
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
bigbassloyd
Senior Member
 
bigbassloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hilldale, West Virginia
Posts: 3,665
Default

Yeah, some shots get on that probably shouldn't.. your shot is one of the ones that shouldn't get on, and didn't.

You cut off the train on the right, it's unlevel, and the train on the left is sidelit.

If we all focused more on getting our best work on, and quit complaining that other people's "less than best" works get on, the site would be a better place..

Loyd L.
__________________
Social Media elevates the absurd and mediocre to a point where they aren't anymore, and that is a tragedy.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:56 AM   #8
John Ryan
Senior Member
 
John Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 497
Send a message via AIM to John Ryan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
Yea, next please bc you know I'm right, go ahead and try to argue EITHER of those comparison shots, absolutely ridicoulous.
I don't know who you are, but with an attitude like that, you might get your ass kicked to the curb.
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #9
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
I don't know who you are, but with an attitude like that, you might get your ass kicked to the curb.
Why? I'm not using foul language like you, I find it funny how nasty and defensive people get on here when anyone calls out the site for inconsistent screening.
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:59 AM   #10
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

I'll argue and say your shot was of 'common' power and those other two were of special moves.

Your shot got rejected...so what?
__________________
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #11
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
I don't know who you are, but with an attitude like that, you might get your ass kicked to the curb.
The problem isnt the standards they want to set bc its their site, they can do what they want. The problem is they need to set standards and every one of the screeners needs to stay within those standards.

I have tried to learn what this site wants, but its impossible, bc theres an extreme inconsistency in their screening of photos.
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #12
ottergoose
American Gunzel
 
ottergoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 1,626
Send a message via AIM to ottergoose Send a message via Yahoo to ottergoose
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
Why? I'm not using foul language like you, I find it funny how nasty and defensive people get on here when anyone calls out the site for inconsistent screening.
Arguably "WTF" is much fouler than "ass."
__________________
Nick Benson | Pictures | Website | Flickr | Profile | JetPhotos | Twitter
ottergoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #13
wab1189
Senior Member
 
wab1189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Peoria, Illinois
Posts: 149
Default

Dang Keith you need to calm down it's not the end of the world. Acting like that will get you banned pretty fast.

To me the lighting does look pretty harsh and the color looks alittle off to. As for the other shots the only thing I can think of is one is a steam engine making a special run and also the E8. Your power and train are nothing special.

Just try to go back on another day when the lighting is better and try again.
__________________
Jason Myers
My RailPictures.net Photo's Here
My Flickr Page Here
wab1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #14
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
I'll argue and say your shot was of 'common' power and those other two were of special moves.

Your shot got rejected...so what?
Ok, well I should have kept both my rejections under one thread, but then how does that explain the rejection for high sun at 1030am on my E8 shot then, when this guys midday directly overhead high sun makes it on?
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #15
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
The problem isnt the standards they want to set bc its their site, they can do what they want. The problem is they need to set standards and every one of the screeners needs to stay within those standards.

I have tried to learn what this site wants, but its impossible, bc theres an extreme inconsistency in their screening of photos.
The screeners are people, right? And people are fallible, right?

If you accept that fact, life is a little less stressful. It's just a website. Why let it get you angry?
__________________
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #16
John Ryan
Senior Member
 
John Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 497
Send a message via AIM to John Ryan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
Why? I'm not using foul language like you, I find it funny how nasty and defensive people get on here when anyone calls out the site for inconsistent screening.
You aren't? News to me. That "WTF" in the thread title must mean something else. Silly me.

No one is being nasty or defensive about the screening here. Perhaps I need to make it clearer. YOUR PHOTO IS SUB-PAR. When you see hazy, washed-out foliage like that, it screams crappy summer lighting. A crisp fall day would be much more suited to this location. No one will deny that screening is inconsistent. Your best course of action is to submit your best photos, not worry about what other people are doing.
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:05 AM   #17
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
Ok, well I should have kept both my rejections under one thread, but then how does that explain the rejection for high sun at 1030am on my E8 shot then, when this guys midday directly overhead high sun makes it on?
I don't know what the screener was thinking, and I'm not going to guess. But are you going to be a man and move on or are you going to keep making yourself look like a whining baby?
__________________
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:05 AM   #18
TheRoadForeman
Banned
 
TheRoadForeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
Yea, next please bc you know I'm right, go ahead and try to argue EITHER of those comparison shots, absolutely ridicoulous.
Go change your tampon and come back when your not acting like a toolbag.......
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #19
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab1189 View Post
Dang Keith you need to calm down it's not the end of the world. Acting like that will get you banned pretty fast.

To me the lighting does look pretty harsh and the color looks alittle off to. As for the other shots the only thing I can think of is one is a steam engine making a special run and also the E8. Your power and train are nothing special.

Just try to go back on another day when the lighting is better and try again.
Banned for ZERO foul language and simple getting heated about a rejection? Thats some pretty harsh reasons for banning someone, especially when I PAY THEM FEES to be a member on here. I feel if I am paying for a membership as long as I am not using foul language or throwing insults then whats the problem with arguing rejection reasons and inconsistent screening?
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #20
kml928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
Go change your tampon and come back when your not acting like a toolbag.......
LOL, and this contributes how? Its comments like these that should have people banned, not calling out inconsistent screening.
kml928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:09 AM   #21
TheRoadForeman
Banned
 
TheRoadForeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
LOL, and this contributes how? Its comments like these that should have people banned, not calling out inconsistent screening.
How does anything that you have said in this thread contribute? Oh wait, the screeners are out to get you! Right.... I'll contribute constructively when you do.
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #22
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Thats some pretty harsh reasons for banning someone, especially when I PAY THEM FEES to be a member on here.
Really? So when I go to the movies and I can do whatever I want because I'm paying to be there? Are you joking?
__________________
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #23
bigbassloyd
Senior Member
 
bigbassloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hilldale, West Virginia
Posts: 3,665
Default

You would have been much better off to post a thread and ask for input from the group.


There are photos that get accepted that shouldn't be. Why do you want yours to join that group?

Go out, take the best damn pictures you can, be happy with your work, but be man enough to realize when it falls short of group acceptance, and move on from that.

For every one photo I get onto the site, I've got another 100 that I love just as much as the accepted one, that will never meet the site criteria.

Loyd L.
__________________
Social Media elevates the absurd and mediocre to a point where they aren't anymore, and that is a tragedy.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:13 AM   #24
wab1189
Senior Member
 
wab1189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Peoria, Illinois
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
Banned for ZERO foul language and simple getting heated about a rejection? Thats some pretty harsh reasons for banning someone, especially when I PAY THEM FEES to be a member on here. I feel if I am paying for a membership as long as I am not using foul language or throwing insults then whats the problem with arguing rejection reasons and inconsistent screening?
Well for one thing you don't start a thread out with WTF! Another calling out other photos in the DB! Now you can't tell me you didn't come on here to start crap when you got that rejection. You need to calm down!
__________________
Jason Myers
My RailPictures.net Photo's Here
My Flickr Page Here
wab1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:15 AM   #25
TheRoadForeman
Banned
 
TheRoadForeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 640
Default

WTF= Will Thread Fail?!
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.