Old 12-29-2005, 12:33 AM   #1
U23B8902

Send a message via Yahoo to U23B8902
Default Hi, I'd like to take a sec and introduce myself

My name is Patrick and i'm from michigan. I have one or two pics posted on this site. I am the moderator and assistant of railroadfan.com. I'd like to take a sec and tell you all about our website. railroadfan.com is a Michigan based railroad forum that is run by a buddy of mine, Zack and he has done a great job of setting up a website that not only has a message board, but also a free place to upload you pics, and tons of operating info about the railroads in the michigan area. The site also has a spot for railroading in other states as well as an off topic section. Its very much like this site except you don't need our approval for your pictures to be posted. you can create your own albums and store train pictures as you like. We do however view every picture that is uploaded throughout the day and should it not be train related it will be swiftly removed and the poster will be notified of its removal and why it was removed. we currently have 132 members and guests who do not want to register can also post train related things in our guest area. Our guest area is not used often right now because most of our guests end up registering or contacting us and asking us to post things for them. The message board also has a thing called Private messageing. you as a member, my PM another member as you wish. many of us also use yahoo or another instant message device. I'd really like everyone to take a sec and come check our site out. I think once you've been there, you'll like what you find.
thanks for letting me plug our website. I am glad i finally signed up here. maybe i'll get to meet some new people. i've been a member of the picture portion of the site for a year or so now and check it several times a day. I think this is a good site though i wish the editors wern't so picky about my pics. Hello again and thanks.

www.railroadfan.com

http://railroadfan.com/phpbb/index.p...8fe61abead7754
U23B8902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:38 AM   #2
Ween

Quote:
I think this is a good site though i wish the editors wern't so picky about my pics.
Well, I wish I was taller. But there are some things you have no control over and shouldn't worry about...like the screening standards here. You just learn to live with it or be miserable.

Anyway, welcome to the RP.net!!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
U23B8902

Send a message via Yahoo to U23B8902

thanks for the welcome. I guess as far as the screening goes, it just frustrates me because i'm pretty new to photography and doing the best i can. my editing skills leave something to be desired so usually if I want to try to get a pic on this site i send it to my buddy and let him edit it for me. my computers old and only has MS paint to edit things with. and trust em..paint is useless to edit pics with for the most part.
U23B8902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:29 AM   #4
NicTrain35

Smile

Very nice site and welcome to RP!

My pictures at RP:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=3955
NicTrain35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 AM   #5
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by U23B8902
my computers old and only has MS paint to edit things with. and trust em..paint is useless to edit pics with for the most part.
Unless you want to put whiskers on a catfish

Anyway, welcome to the site. It has really helped me become a better photographer, and I'm sure it'll do the same for you. We (for the most part) have all had equal amount of, if not more rejections than acceptions here, but no matter what its a hobby to fun with. Its not about numbers or bragging rights, so, just HAVE FUN with it!

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
StL-rail

Send a message via AIM to StL-rail Send a message via MSN to StL-rail Send a message via Yahoo to StL-rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
Well, I wish I was taller.
Oh, that's right Chris, your kinda short, ain't ya? Hey we're in the same boat now that we both have 350D's. Your right though, shots with the 300mm lens arn't always too sharp.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

-Canadian Pacific Conductor
-Union Pacific Conductor
-RRC Switchman
StL-rail is offline   Reply With Quote