Old 10-04-2016, 03:18 AM   #1
Will Jordan

Default Raton Subdivision.. How long?

If you're fascinated with antique signals or the Santa Fe like myself, then you are by default interested in the Raton Subdivision for quite obvious reasons. For those unfamiliar with it, there are plenty of spectacular shots on RP that can be dug up with a quick search for of "Raton Subdivision". Anyway, for those who are and have been aware of it, the number question has been how long will the blades last? I've heard multiple different answers. Some sources said they wouldn't see summer's end (2016) and I've also heard multiple other timeframes thrown around. Reason I'm making the post is to try and get someone with possibly a little more inside connection that what I've been able to scratch up on Facebook. All help is appreciated as always!

- Will Jordan
My RP shots are HERE
My Flickr is HERE

Last edited by Will Jordan; 10-04-2016 at 03:25 AM.
Will Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
miningcamper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Jordan View Post
If you're fascinated with antique signals or the Santa Fe like myself, then you are by default interested in the Raton Subdivision for quite obvious reasons. For those unfamiliar with it, there are plenty of spectacular shots on RP that can be dug up with a quick search for of "Raton Subdivision". Anyway, for those who are and have been aware of it, the number question has been how long will the blades last? I've heard multiple different answers. Some sources said they wouldn't see summer's end (2016) and I've also heard multiple other timeframes thrown around. Reason I'm making the post is to try and get someone with possibly a little more inside connection that what I've been able to scratch up on Facebook. All help is appreciated as always!
Given Amtrak's chronic underfunding, perhaps we should be more concerned with the survival of the route itself. Unless BNSF decides to run freight that way once again, the future looks bleak for a long stretch with little more than a pair of passenger trains.

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
J

Default Improvements Coming

The following Railway Track and Structures article from last August discusses state funding to maintain the line for service.

http://www.rtands.com/index.php/pass...novations.html
J is offline   Reply With Quote