Old 08-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
baggydave

Default Knowing my track record..........

....will these get PAQ'd?
I was given a ride on a helicopter for my 70th birthday by my daughters and the copter flew over my house, no, it's not one of the images, and also over the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne. I have seen many aerial shots of cities and yards in the DB so I wondered if either of these would fit the bill.
Many thanks
Dave
http://www.baggiepix.co.uk/sta1.jpg
http://www.baggiepix.co.uk/sta2.jpg
baggydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Mberry

If there was a train on some of those tracks I think they'd stand a very good chance, as it is I don't see them getting on.
Mberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
baggydave

As it happens there are 4 on each picture. I know they are very small but so are others in pictures in the DB that I have seen accepted. Also loads of pictures feature without a train in sight. This is why I am asking for opinions and thank you for offering yours. I have no desire to endlessly go through the screening process until I get the usual PAQ!!
Old 08-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
JRMDC

Hey Dave, tell me about that bright blue bridge, please! It sort of looks like a bridge to nowhere, on both ends, but also it may be coming out of tunnels on both ends. Hard to tell.

As for RP, I'd give both a go.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
baggydave

In the 1980's Newcastle developed its light railway system based on the suburban lines already in place. It was decided to run a line underground so that main centres in the city could be served. This meant that a deviation line had to be constructed under Gateshead, the area on the left of the picture, and also under Newcastle, the area to the right of the river. The bridge that you ask about carries this line over the river. So it comes out of a tunnel onto the bridge and then back into a tunnel on the other side of the river. As you can sit at the front of the train it is quite exciting to see the bridge appear and then go back into the tunnel.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #6
miningcamper1

I like both, but they are more like cityscapes than railroad, so I'd say 40% chance here.

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #7
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggydave View Post
In the 1980's Newcastle developed its light railway system based on the suburban lines already in place. It was decided to run a line underground so that main centres in the city could be served. This meant that a deviation line had to be constructed under Gateshead, the area on the left of the picture, and also under Newcastle, the area to the right of the river. The bridge that you ask about carries this line over the river. So it comes out of a tunnel onto the bridge and then back into a tunnel on the other side of the river. As you can sit at the front of the train it is quite exciting to see the bridge appear and then go back into the tunnel.
Thanks, Dave

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
John West
Senior Curmudgeon

Cool

Both are very interesting. The Victorians built some graceful railway structures and the pix show that nicely. My approach would be to submit them, or at least one of them, worst that can happen is they might get rejected. Good captions explaining what is in the pix probably would help both the screeners and viewers in general. Let RP make the decision, they can shoot themselves in their collective foot if they choose, rejected photos like this would be their loss not yours.
John West is offline   Reply With Quote