Old 08-04-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
Diamond D

Default Opinions on my PEQ?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=125495349

I like the "anytown, any railroad" feel of the image, the light and rusty colors stretching fully across the frame and the nice puffy clouds. Composition is strong on the 1/3 lines, but I would like to hear what others think.

My next alternative is this, with the trailing loco. I also have a shot with both locos, but I just don't like it as much, I think because of the dark painted locos not providing a strong point of focus.

http://diamondd.smugmug.com/photos/6...55_Wm8zb-L.jpg
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #2
Joe the Photog

I'd like to see the shot with both locos. Here's my take. The shot with just the freight cars is a really neat photograph and, as you say, shows the any time/any town aspect nicely. I love the clouds, too and the vivid colors. It's a really neat photo, but I agree with the screener on the PEQ.

The second shot looks like it was a mistake. It's still good on the technical side, but with the engines being cut off, it looks like you were a victim of shutter lag which I know not to be true.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
XP2
Banned

Send a message via AIM to XP2

I like the first photo- the highlights are excellent, especially the way the graffiti just pops out. The sky is awesome, too. You've got a great photo here, but I think that the screeners want shots with locomotives in them. I think that this is one for the personal collection.
XP2 is offline   Reply With Quote