Thread: Fwiw
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #30
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
That's a pet peeve of mine. I think that people who have those great shots should nonetheless not sit on their buts but should put a few minutes effort into them. It really doesn't take that long, and the end result is so much better that I think it should be done. Like I said, my pet peeve (and not the only one!).
I agree 100% with you. I've seen plenty of shots from the 50-70s that look amazing for that time period, and I'm guessing on many of them that processing took a key roll in making them look so good. Nothing wrong with that.

Regarding Don's caboose shot, I'm fairly confident that it would have been accepted without hesitation had there been a railroad employee or two standing on the rear platform of the caboose. I like the shot, but it just feels like something is missing. Being a caboose, a bit of human element would have really separated that shot from what it is. I know he can't go back and change that, but that's just my observation.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote