View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #36
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Hey Dennis,
I think that the last statement in my post said it all. Once the fad wears off, we're going to start looking critically at these images, and there will be those (such as the folks you mentioned) who will master it, and those who will shoot mundane "flash wedges" or "sky wedges".
Pretty much talking past each other. Dennis looks forward to the good stuff enabled by the new technology, Kevin points out that dull stuff is coming also. Both are right.

Quote:
Even our resident RP-critic Janusz appears not to be very impressed with the me-too shots that are bound to result when these things become as ubiquitous as the railfan with the little bitty video cam and a tripod.
So true!

Is it too much of an exaggeration to say that Beebe, were he shooting today with his equipment and his mindset, would be known far and wide as Mr. wedgie-to-excess?

What would Beebe do with a go-pro and a copter? I bet he would do some wonderful stuff! Hmm, who would be the modern equivalent, we need someone who is good at photography, offers a bit of flair in his life (trumpet player, maybe?), gets around, knows everyone, but still is as old as the hills, had boots on the ground in the steam era ...

Someone get Ron Flanary set up with this stuff! What can that creaky mind of his conjure up!

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote