View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
KevinM

I think everyone has the right idea with respect to the aspect ratio. This needs a more panoramic crop. Tighter top and bottom, looser on the ends. RP does have limits, but I have found that I can regularly get 3:5 crops accepted here (roughly 1200x719 pixel dimension.)

With this image, I also think the train needs just a tick more "breathing space" on both the left and the right. The crop on the train is just a bit tight for my taste.

The other suggestion I'd make is to work on tonality just a bit. I think the train could be a bit brighter, and I think you could bring out some additional detail in that sky. It appears as if you had some clouds, so why not make them as pretty as you can. If this is a raw image, I think it can be made to have a fair bit more "pop" than it currently has.

Just out of curiosity, what are you using for a camera? I know that a while back you were using a P&S camera that really didn't produce the image quality to help you get the most out of your efforts.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote