View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #12
baggydave

Seems that the old adage of "you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear" still holds true. It was very backlit but I happened to like the picture as I am a sucker for reflections. It's on flickr so that will do. I had wondered about poor image quality as it seemed to me as another variation to a PEQ. Let's dump this one and get no more hassle from the photographer. Many of you will maybe remember the problems I've had with screeners!!
As a tourist in the States it is very much take what you can get as you won't be back again for at least a year and when the sun or weather is against you the analogy of silk purse and sow's ear becomes very relevant. I was in Michigan last month and for the first time I caught a train running from Powers to Escanaba.( I had been along that line 3 times in the last three years and seen nothing). Three different shots taken

All give me great pleasure. Don't see them getting on here.
What I am trying to say is that you guys in the USA should count yourself very lucky. You have the chance to return and get the killer shot. I have to make do and mend. (Too many old wive's sayings I think.) Thanks for criticisms, they really help.
baggydave is offline   Reply With Quote