View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #16
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-M Frybourg View Post
As for the bright reflection on the side of the engines, it is weird that here in Europe, we are looking for such bright reflections when the sun is low. We consider that this additional contrast adds interest to the pictures. Definitely not the same taste on the 2 sides of the Atlantic!

RP.net will remain very American, not universal, if they don't acknowledge - and welcome - the diversity of tastes and preferences in photography on Earth.
Jean-Marc, I understand your frustration with the rejection as I see absolutely nothing wrong with the dimly lit nose. It's really irrelevant to the rest of the scene, which I view as quite dramatic with the lighting. But the issue here is not the bright locomotives. A few of us just mentioned toning them down as an "oh, by the way" thing.

Regardless if the locomotives are as bright as your original or toned down a bit in my example above, this shot should have been accepted. But I'm not a screener, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote