View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #20
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb Still Waiting for Answers Guys.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME 488 View Post
......... On RP, it's quite common to get a photo rejected numerous times, only to watch it be extremely popular with the site's viewers when accepted.
Hence my question(s) as to the purpose of the Site.

Just about all of my most popular shots were rejected as PEQ and I played screener roulette - quite successfully I might add.

For instance some examples:

Image © EL ROCO Photography
PhotoID: 321327
Photograph © EL ROCO Photography

PhotoID: 472059

PhotoID: 324321

PhotoID: 471906

PhotoID: 447804

My question about the purpose of the Site was in reference with my experience in uploading the Carrizo Gorge shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/367221...7642088881223/

Initially RP was luke warm into taking these shots, however they seemed to loosen up after most of them were very well received view wise (all but 2 were top 4 of 24).

I can explain some of the trepidation based on the fact that I am walking all over the tracks which I normally never do with an active track.

I did however point out that the tracks in the gorge have been closed since 2008, and there is no date set when they might again become active.

After the embargo explanation, uploads were being accepted and then at some point they just PEQ'd all the additional ones without explanation.

I even asked for some direction through an appeal - that if ya'all were done with gorge shots, just let me know so I don't waste everyone's time, but nothing.

It was kooky because people were contacting me by email and asking why I had quit uploading Carrizo images.

Seems the vast number of non-uploaders who view these pictures have no clue that I can't just put up anything I want.

Additionally, they have no clue about the grief process and the creative editing that goes on.

So I quit uploading Carizzo & Ferrum shots to RP and directed people to my Flickr page instead.

As a result, the emails stopped and my Flickr numbers went through the roof.

Does RP not want that traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME 488 View Post
........I usually think the rejections were appropriate and I ended up with a better looking image in the end.

Yes, and on occasion that has happened in the past and I ended up with something that perhaps I didn't see initially, but as time went on I just resubmitted the same image and it got in.

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 04-23-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Holloran Grade is offline   Reply With Quote