View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #12
KevinM

Although I would love to see 611 out on the main line once again, I am grateful that NS is still supporting the VMT in getting her to places where she can run. I recall a photo charter some years ago that got totally canned because another Class 1 steadfastly refused to move a steam locomotive over just a few miles of their own trackage.

I'm really looking forward to the Strasburg events. Sure, it's not going to be 60 mph, but Strasburg has good track, a nice selection of equipment and virtually the entire line provides good photography at one point or another during the day. We'll also have the added bonus of N&W 382, which a lot of people haven't seen before, unless they are regulars on Pete's charters. I am sure that Pete will take full advantage of whatever weather conditions we get. I also hope that Strasburg and the VMT make some good money off these events. If everybody wins, the fun will continue.

With regard to photographing the move from VMT to Strasburg, I guess if I lives someplace near the route, I might take a few photos, but I would not be inclined travel any distance to photograph a steam engine behind a diesel. Like I said, I am grateful that NS is doing this.....it's just not my cup of tea from a photography standpoint.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is online now   Reply With Quote