View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #27
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
Black NS locomotives are only good to shoot while on the NS Pokey in fog / rain / snow / etc.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you if there's a concerted effort against them here. I had to go look, but only one of my dark horse leaders was an SC. Starnes grew up on a diet of the Black Horse, but Kilroy is from the Westside. Chase could certainly be partial to NS, as it ran by his house growing up. Maybe they could chime in?

Loyd L.
I do not SC Norfolk Southern between the months of January and April. I SC CSXT power year-round, but only if the power AND number boards match. I only SC Union Pacific between May 12 and June 8. The Canadian railroads have a SC pass in recognition of Canada Day-only on July 1. BNSF gets a free pass only if the power is silhouetted or backlit, or otherwise unrecognizable.

As for Amtrak, they're not eligible for the SC if it's the post-F40 era.

It's strict criteria here at RP.......

But seriously, if I look at the photo and am 'wow'd' by its content, it gets a SC. It can be in the middle of a Kansas cornfield, the NEC, an obscure railroad in Hungary, or a combination of all of the above, if it looks good, it's getting homepage love.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote