View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 01:34 AM   #9
Silagi
Banned

I have always wondered how non-suicidal people end up getting hit by trains so much. It is easy, they are STUPID! I have worked in law enforcment for the last 20 years on the SF peninsula and have dealt with many train/ped accidents along the Caltrain line over the years. I always had the thought, what happened? Didnt you see or hear the train coming? Well the other day, I got to see first hand, how these idiots can get hit. I was riding in the cab with one of Caltrain's finest from SF down to Gilroy. As we were approaching Blossom Hill south of San Jose, this idiot appears on the west side of the tracks and starts to nonchalantly walk across the tracks. He was not in a hurry and was taking his sweet ass time. As I snapped this we thought he would be in the clear with no problem, but then all of a sudden he turned and starting walking right towards us on the raised portion of the roadbed. I thought HOLY SHIT, we are going to hit that idiot! At the last second the idtiot finally turned and got out the way. Seeing it from the engineers point of view gives it all a new perspective.

You would however think that railfans would have a better understanding of the safety issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idiot.jpg (91.6 KB, 388 views)
Silagi is offline   Reply With Quote