View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #11
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87 View Post
I'll never understand where all the hate for UP comes from. For the past couple years, it has been in vogue to rip on the company at every chance.

Why?

They they maintain and regularly use a huge heritage fleet, honor predecessor railroads that are part of their rich history and regularly host events open to the general public. Additionally, the hand full of times I have found myself confronted by the UP police or employee, they have been nothing but respectful and helpful.

You know the last time I went to a CSX or NS sponsored event in the Pittsburgh area? Zero, because thats how many there was in the four years I lived in the city. The best those two railroads offer are a few occasionally used special engines (made to impress customers, not the public) that are normally followed by railroad cops chasing everybody away.
I agree completely John! To build on this, NS and CSX (just for example purposes) don't advertise those events either. Just one reason is, they are worried about random folk showing up at the terminal and asking for a trainride! (I've personally witnessed this!) That would not look good in the eyes of their customers and execs on the train.
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote