View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #20
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
Does anybody find it ironic I'm catching flack for voicing my opinion about somebody else voicing their opinion?
Not really. I don't think you're catching flack for voicing your opinion. I think it's more of the "If I say it, it's right. If you disagree, you're wrong." attitude you seem to bring here frequently.

Quote:
Man, those two-way streets can get congested with irony/hypocrisy pretty quick sometimes!
And you seem to know quite a bit about that. You said yourself, "this is where posting discretion comes into play." Well, how come you can't seem to practice that? Some of us enjoy discussing topics other than trains. If you don't like, again, you don't have to read it and you certainly don't have to post meaningless replies that do nothing more than disrupt discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoydie17
As it's been said, if you don't like it, ignore it an go on to something else, why pointlessly chime up that YOU don't want to see this stuff?
Exactly. I can't fathom why that concept is so hard for some people to grasp.

Quote:
There's political debate all over these forums without me talking about gas prices which by the way, are just as related to railfanning as a discussion about police officers being overzealous and hostile towards railfans.
Well said. There's no difference in discussing gas prices, overzealous cops, or even the policies here at RP. They're all political in one way or another.

Quote:
Admittedly, I wasn't addressing the impacts of gas prices on railfanning, BUT we have all felt the effects of gas prices one way or the other.
That we have. I have personally found myself taking fewer trips with the higher gas prices.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote