View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #18
Grewup on the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapod401 View Post
This hobby, like any endeavor worth doing, is a process of constant learning in the pursuit of continual improvement. Some of us have been around long enough to learn more than others, and some of the posters here, including the OP to this thread, are asking questions to benefit from others experience. They're not looking to get a "that shot sucks" or "what were you thinking" response, and that kind of response adds no value to the discussion without offering some advice on how to improve.

My belief here is that the OP is making a mistake that we all have done at one time or another. He had the great experience of his first cab ride, and has an emotional connection to the photo taken during that experience. The problem is that the photo doesn't convey that experience to a viewer that wasn't there. I'm sure that we all have photos that make us smile when we come across them in our collections, but objectively do not tell the story in a way that other people can relate.
Doug,
Your comment, and as other after you have mentioned, does some it up. I posted my pic on here for constructive advice and constructive suggestions on how to improve. I read the forums quite frequently for the sole purpose of collecting useful knowledge. Useful experienced knowledge is far better than an opinionated remark with no constructive guidance.
In response to other suggestions for additional things to look at in the shot I posted, I do have several other shots as suggested, crew and station, unfortunately I dont have permission to post pics with the crew in those. So I picked the best shot I had outside of those more detailed shots and crossed my fingers that I was good enough for RP. But it wasn't and thats Ok, I still got the experience of the ride and for the life of this thread, I got to tell my story and collect more useful knowledge from these forums, as they were intended to, in the process.
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote